Premier League Opta Facts: 10-11 January
There's another great weekend of Premier League action. We've a North-East derby between Middlesbrough and Sunderland and a West Midlands derby with West Brom making the short trip to Villa Park for the Saturday lunchtime live game. Saturday's second live game sees Stoke host top-of-the-table Liverpool at 17:30.
Wigan Athletic welcome Tottenham to the JJB on Sunday lunchtime followed at 16:00 by the all important clash between champions Man Utd and Chelsea who'll certainly want to come away with the vital points at Old Trafford if they want to take the trophy back to Stamford Bridge at the end of the season.
|Saturday 12:45||Aston Villa v West Brom||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Everton v Hull||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Fulham v Blackburn||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Arsenal v Bolton||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Middlesbrough v Sunderland||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Portsmouth v Man City||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Newcastle v West Ham||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 17:30||Stoke v Liverpool||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 13:30||Wigan v Tottenham||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 16:00||Man Utd v Chelsea||View facts||Bet Now|
- The Gunners have won the last five matches in a row against Bolton in all competitions.
- Bolton have taken the lead in three of the last four league games, only to lose them all.
- There have been red cards in three of the last five meetings in all competitions.
- The Trotters have won only one of their last 17 Premier League trips to the capital.
- 64% of Bolton’s goals have been scored in the first half this season – the highest proportion in the top division.
- Kevin Davies has been booked in five of his last six league games against the Gunners and his overall tally of nine bookings when playing Arsenal is more than against any other club.
- Aston Villa have converted a league-high 18% of their shots into goals, whereas West Brom have scored with a league low of 7% of their attempts.
- Villa are unbeaten in their seven Premier League meetings with the Baggies, with four draws and three wins (all by a 2-1 scoreline).
- West Brom have drawn four of their last five league trips to Villa Park.
- Villa have scored a goal in the final 15 minutes of each of their last five Premier League games and those goals have been worth an additional seven points to Martin O’Neill’s men.
- There have been three red cards is three league meetings at Villa Park between these two clubs.
- West Brom have lost their last seven away games in a row – their worst run in Premier League history.
- There have been seven own goals in games involving Hull City (including one by Phil Neville in the game against Everton in September) – the most in the division.
- Everton and Hull have met seven times in the league with three wins apiece and one draw.
- Only Blackburn (9) have picked up fewer points on home soil than Everton (10).
- Hull have netted six goals from free-kicks – more than any other team.
- Everton have seven players who have scored three or more goals – more than any other club.
- Fulham have won none of the last five meetings with Blackburn Rovers.
- The Whites have lost only one of their last 13 games, are unbeaten in their last nine.
- Fulham have drawn more games (8) than any other side.
- Only Manchester United and Liverpool (both 21) have accumulated more points on home territory than Fulham (21).
- Sam Allardyce’s last win as Newcastle manager came at Craven Cottage.
- Three of the last four meetings between Rovers and Fulham have ended as draws.
- Chopra has scored three goals in his last two games against Boro.
- Middlesbrough have won only four of their 20 home north east derbies.
- Boro have gone eight Premier League games without a win and lost four of the last five.
- Boro have also failed to score in the last three Premier League matches, while Sunderland have failed to score in the last two.
- Gareth Southgate’s side have only kept one clean sheet in their last 10 league outings – their last north-east derby v Newcastle.
- Only bottom club West Brom (16) have scored fewer goals than Boro (17).
- Newcastle have conceded a league high eight spot-kicks.
- Six of the last 10 penalties Robert Green has faced have been saved or missed.
- Michael Owen has scored 11 goals in 13 Premier League games against West Ham.
- The last four games between West Ham and Newcastle have all seen exactly four goals scored and there have been 24 goals in the last six meetings.
- Damien Duff has scored four Premier League goals against West Ham – his joint-best tally against any club (along with Tottenham).
- West Ham haven’t won any of their last seven trips to St James Park.
- The reverse meeting in September (0-6) was Portsmouth's worst ever Premier League defeat.
- Portsmouth have lost their last four league games in a row.
- City put nine goals past Pompey in two games in 2008 and all by different scorers.
- Pompey have only kept one clean sheet in 11 games with Tony Adams at the helm.
- Man City haven’t won any Premier League game where they have scored less than three goals this season.
- Man City have had 14 different goalscorers, while Portsmouth have had just six – the most and the fewest in the Premier League respectively.
- Thomas Sorensen has played Liverpool 15 times in the Premier League and never been on the winning side, despite only conceding more than once in one of those 15 matches.
- Liverpool have the same number of points as champions Man Utd after 20 games last season, but no team with fewer points at this stage has won the title since 2001-02.
- 78% of the goals Stoke have scored have been netted in the second half – the highest proportion in the top division.
- 31% of the goals Liverpool have conceded have come in the second half – the lowest proportion in the Premier League.
- There have been 19 goals scored in Liverpool’s last five league matches.
- Only four teams have picked up more points than Stoke (17) on home soil this season.
- Chelsea have won more times (4) and taken more points (19) from Man Utd at Old Trafford than any other team.
- United have only won two of the last 11 league matches against Chelsea.
- Carlos Tevez has scored in his last two starts against the Blues.
- United have not conceded in the last 11 hours and 12 minutes of Premier League football, since Samir Nasri scored for Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. But have only scored four in their last six league games.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 20 away league games and have won 16 of those.
- The Blues have won none of their last six away games against the other “big four” sides, while United have won four and lost none of their last five home games against the top clubs.
- Wigan have only ever won two out of 12 Premier League matches played in January.
- Wigan have never beaten Spurs in the Premier League, drawing four and losing three of their seven meetings.
- Tottenham have failed to score in four of their last six league matches.
- It is five hours and 51 minutes since Spurs last scored a league goal at White Hart Lane.
- The Latics have won their last four league games at the JJB Stadium.
- Only Manchester United (23) have earned more points over the last 10 games than Wigan (20).