Premier League Opta Facts - 12-13 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Stoke City v Wigan Athletic
- Wigan have failed to score in their last three league games against Stoke City.
- 41% of the goals Stoke have conceded have been shipped in the final 15 minutes of matches, the highest percentage in the top flight.
- Stoke have dropped the most points (12) from winning positions in the top flight this season.
- Tony Pulis' side are one of only two teams not to have recovered any points from losing positions.
- It is six away games since Wigan last kept a clean sheet and they have conceded 22 goals in those matches.
- Wigan have not drawn an away game since February 2009, winning three and losing 10 since then.
Birmingham City v West Ham United
- The Hammers have won five and lost none of their last six trips to St Andrews in all competitions.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last six Premier League games.
- West Ham have conceded at least two goals in 10 of their last 11 Premier League matches.
- The Hammers have won just two of their last 12 Premier League away games and none of the last six.
- If Birmingham win they will match their best ever run of four consecutive Premier League wins.
- St Andrews has seen just nine goals this season, fewer than any other Premier League stadium.
Bolton Wanderers v Manchester City
- Man City have failed to score in their last four Premier League trips to the Reebok Stadium.
- Emmanuel Adebayor has failed to score in seven Premier League games against Bolton.
- Bolton are the only team in the top flight not to keep a clean sheet this season.
- Six of Johan Elmander's Bolton Premier League goals have been scored in November and December, his favourite time of the year.
- Man City have only kept one clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League matches.
- City are the only team who have not won a penalty in the Premier League this season.
- Bolton have the worst home record in the division this season, five points from seven games and have won only once in their last 10 at the Reebok Stadium.
Burnley v Fulham
- The last 12 league meetings between Burnley and Fulham have ended as home wins and none of the last 18 matches in all competitions have ended in an away win.
- Fulham have lost only one of their last nine Premier League games.
- All four of Bobby Zamora's Premier League goals this season have been the first of the game.
- Only Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea have averaged more points per game at home this season than Burnley.
- The Whites have only won four of their last 26 Premier League away matches and none of the last six.
- Steven Fletcher has scored five goals in his last eight Premier League matches.
Chelsea v Everton
- Everton have failed to score in their last three Premier League games against Chelsea.
- The Londoners are unbeaten in their last 23 games against Everton in all competitions.
- Didier Drogba has scored five goals in his last six starts against the Toffees in all competitions.
- Chelsea are the only team in the four English divisions with a 100% home record.
- Since conceding to Hull on the opening day of the season, Chelsea have scored 20 unanswered goals on home soil in the Premier League and have not conceded now for 10 hours and two minutes at Stamford Bridge.
- The last three Premier League games where Chelsea have conceded have seen Carlo Ancelotti's team go on to lose.
Hull City v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn have failed to score in their last three Premier League matches.
- Blackburn and Hull City have only lost one game each this season to teams currently sitting in the bottom half of the table.
- Blackburn have recouped nine points from losing positions this season, the joint-most in the Premier League.
- Hull have committed more fouls than any other side in the Premier League, 244.
- Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink has mustered just two shots on target in the Premier League, but the burly striker has netted with both.
- Hull have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 Premier League matches.
Sunderland v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth have won five of the six Premier League meetings with Sunderland and the last three in a row.
- Portsmouth have taken 10 points from the four games where they have kept a clean sheet and none from the 11 matches where they have conceded.
- The Black Cats have only scored one goal in their last four Premier League matches.
- Pompey have not taken a single point off the teams in seven games against the top 10 this season.
- Sunderland and Portsmouth have two of the worst disciplinary records in the top flight. The Black Cats have 30 yellow cards and two reds, while Pompey have 31 yellows and one red.
- Portsmouth have won just one of their last 20 Premier League away matches.
Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Spurs have won seven and lost none of the last eight meetings with Wolves in all competitions.
- Robbie Keane scored four goals in the two previous Premier League matches, including a hat-trick in the 5-2 win at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League matches.
- Jody Craddock has managed just four shots on target this season and scored with all of them.
- Wolves have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 13 Premier League matches.
- Wolves have taken one point from six Premier League games in London.
Manchester United v Aston Villa
- Man Utd have lost only one of their last 31 Premier League matches at Old Trafford.
- Villa have never won at Old Trafford in the Premier League and have lost 13 and drawn one of the last 14 home and away.
- Wayne Rooney has scored five goals in his last five Premier League starts against Aston Villa and has netted five goals in his last five Premier League outings.
- After failing to score on the opening day against Wigan, Villa have netted in their subsequent 14 Premier League matches.
- Villa have scored exactly one goal in each of their last six Premier League away games.
- Villa have scored six goals in the opening 15 minutes of games, accounting for 24% of their goal haul, both Premier League highs.
- Martin O'Neill's side are the only team in the Premier League not to have lost a game against the current top 10 in the table.
Liverpool v Arsenal
- Liverpool v Arsenal has seen more hat-tricks scored than any other fixture in Premier League history, 5.
- Arsenal have conceded four goals in three of their last four visits to Anfield in all competitions.
- There have been 46 goals in 11 meetings in all competitions over the last three and a half seasons.
- Fernando Torres has scored three goals in his last two games against Arsenal at Anfield.
- The last four league games between Liverpool and Arsenal have all ended as draws.
- Arsenal haven't won at Anfield in their last five visits and haven't kept a clean sheet there since August 1998.
- The last two teams to stop Liverpool from scoring at Anfield in the Premier League came from London (Fulham & West Ham) but they have netted in their last 18 league games on home soil.