Premier League Opta Facts - 25-26 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion
- Arsenal have won six and lost just one of the eight Premier League matches against West Brom.
- Arsenal have kept seven clean sheets and conceded just two goals in their last nine Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium, winning eight and losing none of those matches.
- West Brom have failed to score in their last four Premier League away matches.
- The Baggies have won none and lost 14 of their last 18 Premier League away games.
- Arsenal have won 39 corners to date, the most in the Premier League this season.
- The Gunners have only failed to score in one of their last 18 Premier League matches.
- Five of the 10 red cards in the Premier League this season have come in games involving Arsenal.
Birmingham City v Wigan Athletic
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last 17 Premier League matches at St Andrews: their last home league defeat came almost exactly a year ago (1-2 vs Bolton on 25th September).
- Wigan have converted just 4% of their chances into goals, the lowest percentage in the top flight.
- Birmingham have won just 15 corners so far, fewer than any other team.
- Birmingham have conceded three penalties, more than any other team.
- Alex McLeish's side have only won two of their last 15 Premier League matches.
- Wigan have only won one of their last eight Premier League matches.
Blackpool v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackpool and Blackburn haven't met in any competition since February 1980.
- Blackpool have won 15 and only lost one of their 21 home league games against Blackburn.
- Rovers have only won five of 31 Premier League away games under Sam Allardyce but have lost just one of the last six.
- Blackburn have scored exactly one goal in each of their last six Premier League matches.
- Blackpool have won the two Premier League games where they have scored in the first half but failed to win the matches where they have failed to net before the break.
- Rovers haven't scored a goal later than the 54th minute so far this season.
Fulham v Everton
- 17 of the 18 Premier league meetings between Fulham and Everton have ended as home wins.
- Everton have failed to score in six of their nine Premier League trips to play Fulham in the Premier League.
- Fulham have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League home matches.
- Everton have failed to score in their last three Premier League away matches.
- Mark Hughes has drawn 12 of his last 16 matches as a Premier League coach.
- This is Everton's poorest start to a league season since 1994/95 when they had accrued just one point after five games.
Liverpool v Sunderland
- Sunderland have only won two of their last 31 Premier League away games.
- Liverpool have won 10 and lost just one of their last 13 Premier League games at Anfield.
- Fernando Torres has scored four goals in four Premier League matches against Sunderland.
- Sunderland have only scored one goal in their last eight Premier League games against Liverpool and that was deflected by a beach ball.
- All four of Liverpool's goals have been scored in the second half this season.
- The Black Cats have kept just two clean sheets in their last 15 Premier League matches.
Manchester City v Chelsea
- Man City have only won four of their last nine Premier League home matches.
- City had only won two out of 24 Premier League meetings with Chelsea before they took all three points home and away against the Blues last season.
- Chelsea have won at Manchester City's ground more often than any other team in the Premier League era (10 times).
- Carlos Tevez has scored five goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Chelsea.
- Florent Malouda has scored six goals in four Premier League starts this season.
- Carlos Tevez has scored 24 goals in his last 28 Premier League matches.
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur
- Spurs have not won away from home in the Premier League in September since beating Sunderland in 2001 - a run of 14 games.
- Tottenham have not lost any of their last eight Premier League games against West Ham and won the last five in a row.
- The Hammers have only scored one goal in their last five Premier league matches against Spurs.
- West Ham have only won two of their last 17 Premier League matches.
- The Hammers have earned just 19 points in 23 games in 2010, fewer than any of the 17 sides in the top flight for the whole of this period.
- Tottenham have scored more goals at West Ham's ground (22) than any other opponent's in the Premier League.
Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United
- Wayne Rooney has scored six goals in his last four appearances against Bolton.
- Man Utd have won 12 and lost just one of the last 14 Premier League matches against Bolton.
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored three goals in his last two visits to the Reebok Stadium.
- Bolton have drawn three of their last four matches at the Reebok Stadium.
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored six goals in his last five league games.
- Kevin Davies has been booked eight times against Manchester United in the Premier League, only against Arsenal (10 times) has he been cautioned more often.
Newcastle United v Stoke City
- Three of the last four matches between Newcastle and Stoke in all competitions have ended as draws.
- Former Magpie Abdoulaye Faye scored in both Premier League meetings for Stoke against Newcastle.
- Stoke have lost four of their last five Premier League away matches.
- The Potters have failed to score in four of their last six Premier League away matches.
- Newcastle have lost five of their last eight Premier League matches at St James Park.
- Seven of the eight goals Stoke have conceded have been netted in the first half.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa
- Wolves are unbeaten in their last six Premier League home games, but have drawn four of those.
- Aston Villa have lost their last three away games in a row. They haven't lost four on the trot since spring 2007.
- Aston Villa have conceded 47 corners this season, the most in the top flight.
- Mick McCarthy's side have also earned 17 yellows and one red meaning they have picked up the most cards.
- Five of the six goals both sides have scored this season have been netted before half-time.
- Wolves have dropped eight points from winning positions this season, more than any other side.
- Half the goals Villa have scored so far this season have been netted in the first 15 minutes, the highest proportion in the top flight.