Premier League Opta Facts -2-4 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Fulham v Wigan Athletic
- There have only been 11 goals scored in the nine Premier League meetings between Fulham and Wigan.
- Five of the last six meetings between Fulham and Wigan have ended as draws.
- Wigan have only won one of their last 11 Premier League games away from home.
- Clint Dempsey has scored three goals in his last four Premier League starts against Wigan.
- Fulham have conceded at least two goals in each of their last three Premier League games.
- Wigan's last league win in London was in December 2006 at Upton Park.
- The Latics have gone 340 minutes without a goal away from home.
Manchester United v Chelsea
- Man Utd have won three and lost none of their last four home games against Chelsea.
- The Blues have only scored one goal in their last four visits to Old Trafford.
- Man Utd have won 10 and drawn one of the 11 games that Rooney hasn't played for them in the Premier League since the start of 2008/09.
- Man Utd have only conceded two goals in their last 11 Premier League matches at Old Trafford - both were headers.
- Didier Drogba has failed to score in eight Premier League appearances against Man Utd.
- Nicolas Anelka scored in each of his first four Premier League starts against Man Utd, but has netted just one in his last eight starts versus the Red Devils.
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored eight goals in his last nine Premier League starts for Manchester United.
Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Wolves have conceded at least three goals in all of their Premier League clashes with Arsenal.
- Arsenal have scored at least once in the last 20 minutes in each of their last 10 Premier League games at the Emirates.
- The Gunners have won the last five straight home meetings with Wolves (in all competitions).
- Wolves have gone eight Premier League away games without a clean sheet.
- Wolves have taken a league-high 50% of their points on the road this season.
Birmingham City v Liverpool
- The Blues are unbeaten in their last seven top-flight games against the Reds.
- The last five league meetings between Liverpool and Birmingham have all ended as draws.
- Steven Gerrard has scored five goals in eight Premier League appearances against Birmingham.
- Liverpool have only won two of their last 13 Premier League away games and none of the last six.
- Liverpool have only scored three goals in total in their last nine Premier League matches on the road.
- Only 16 of Fernando Torres' 56 Premier League goals have come away from home.
Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa
- Ashley Young has scored his each of his last three Premier League matches against Bolton.
- Eight of the last 13 Premier League games between these sides have ended level.
- Bolton have drawn five and won none of their last six Premier League home games against Villa.
- The Trotters have only won one of the last 14 Premier League games against Villa and none of the last six.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored four goals in his last three Premier League appearances against Bolton.
- Johan Elmander has scored in two of his three Premier League appearances against Villa.
- Kevin Davies has scored seven Premier League goals against Aston Villa, only against West Ham has he been more prolific.
Burnley v Manchester City
- There have been 30 goals scored in the last six meetings in all competitions between Burnley and Man City, 24 of them of them to the Sky Blues.
- All of the last four league meetings between Man City and Burnley have seen exactly six goals scored in each game.
- Man City have only kept one clean sheet in their last 10 Premier League away matches.
- Roberto Mancini's side are unbeaten in their last four Premier League away games with two wins and two draws.
- Manchester City are the only team not to have lost after scoring the first goal this season.
- Burnley are the only north west side to take fewer than 10 points from local derbies this season.
Portsmouth v Blackburn Rovers
- Portsmouth have won only one of their last seven Premier League home games.
- Kanu has scored in two of the last three games at Fratton Park in the last couple of minutes of matches.
- Avram Grant's men have not kept a clean sheet in 14 Premier League games, conceding 34 goals in this run.
- Blackburn have scored exactly one goal in six of their last eight away games, failing to score in the other two.
- Blackburn are the only side in the Premier League in 2009-10 not to have lost any points from conceding in the final 20 minutes of games.
- Blackburn have conceded 482 fouls, more than any other side.
- Portsmouth have averaged 1.65 points per game in April in the Premier League, of the top division's regular teams over the years, only the 'Big Four' have a better return.
Stoke City v Hull City
- There have been eight goals within five minutes of the end of a half in the last six games between Stoke and Hull.
- Hull have won only one of their last 30 Premier League away matches and none of the last 21.
- The Tigers have lost the last five Premier League matches in a row away from home.
- Stoke have won none of their last four Premier League home matches.
- Stoke have conceded only 11 first half goals in the league this season, no side has conceded fewer.
- Only 12 different Stoke players have been shown yellow cards this season, fewer than at any other top-flight side.
- Hull are the only team in Premier League history (excluding Burnley as they've never played) not to win a game in April.
Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur
- Sunderland have won two and lost none of the last four games against Spurs at the Stadium of Light.
- Darren Bent missed a penalty against Spurs at White Hart Lane earlier this season.
- Jermain Defoe has scored penalties in two of his last three games against Sunderland.
- Spurs have won their last two away games; they haven't won three consecutive games on the road since December 2004.
- Sunderland have lost just one of their last 15 Premier League home games.
- Sunderland have lost a league-"high" 13 points from goals conceded in the final 20 minutes of games this season.
- Darren Bent has been involved in 51% of Sunderland's goals, the highest proportion in the top-flight this season.
Everton v West Ham United
- The Hammers have won just one of their last eight Premier League encounters with Everton and lost the last three in a row.
- Louis Saha has scored five goals in his last three appearances against West Ham.
- Everton have only lost one of their last 15 Premier League games at Goodison Park and have won the last seven in a row.
- West Ham have won none of their last 15 Premier League away matches and lost the last four in a row.
- West Ham have lost their last six Premier League games in succession, their worst ever run in the Premier League.
- Everton have gone 308 minutes without conceding a league goal.
- If the Premier League season had started on January 1, Everton would be second behind Manchester United.