Premier League Opta Facts 22-23rd October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swansea City
- Wolves have won five and lost just one of the last seven league meetings with Swansea.
- They have only met once in the top flight with a 0-0 draw at the Vetch Field and a 1-0 win for Swansea at Molineux in 1981-82. Just five seasons later, the two sides were both in the Fourth Division of English football.
- Sylvan Ebanks-Blake was on the scoresheet the last time the two sides met at Molineux in October 2008
- Swansea have hit the target with just 34% of their shots, the lowest shooting accuracy of any top division club.
- Swansea have committed fewer fouls than any other team in the Premier League (63).
- Brendan Rodgers' side have seen their woodwork struck nine times so far, more often than any other side.
- Swansea have the worst away record in the top division, they are the only team without an away point this season.
- Wolves have lost their last five Premier League games in a row, their worst run in the top flight since April 1984.
- Wolves have fired in more crosses (232) than any other team and have also posted the best crossing accuracy (30%) in the division.
- Wolves have posted the worst chance conversion rate in the top flight this season, scoring with just 6% of their shots.
Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion
- Five of the last six matches between Villa and the Baggies have ended with a 2-1 scoreline, including the last four in a row.
- All six Premier League wins in this fixture have been 2-1 (five for Villa, one for WBA), with the other four fixtures ending as draws.
- The Villans were unbeaten in the first nine Premier League meetings with West Brom, winning five, but West Brom won the last meeting in April.
- Aston Villa have lost just two of their last 16 Premier League matches and one of those was against West Brom in April 2011.
- In the eight Premier League meetings where there have been goals, Aston Villa have taken the lead on each occasion, with West Brom losing five, but coming back to win once and draw twice.
- West Brom have been caught offside more times (34) than any other team in the Premier League.
- Five of the seven goals West Brom have scored have been netted in the opening 15 minutes of matches.
- West Brom have won just one of their 12 Midlands derbies away from home (W1 D4 L7).
- Aston Villa have lost just one of their last 15 home Midlands derbies (W7 D7 L1).
- The Villans have mustered just three headers on target this season, the joint-fewest of any team.
Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland
- Sunderland have won the last four straight meetings with Bolton and the Trotters have scored just once in their last five games against them.
- Bolton have hit the target with 55% of their shots, a higher percentage than any other team in the top flight.
- Only Manchester United (24%) and Manchester City (20%) have converted a higher percentage of shots into goals than Bolton (18%).
- Owen Coyle's men have been caught offside fewer times than any other team in the Premier League (8).
- Bolton have allowed their opponents 51 shots on target against them this season, more than any other team in the top flight.
- Eight of Sebastian Larsson's last 14 Premier League goals have come from direct free kicks.
- The Trotters have lost their last six Premier League home games, their worst ever run of home form in the Premier League.
- Only Derby 2007-08 (7 games) and Sunderland 2003-2005 (10 matches) have lost more consecutive home matches in the Premier League.
- Sunderland have only won two of their last 11 Premier League away matches (W2 D3 L6), but one of those victories was away to Bolton at the Reebok Stadium in May.
- Only four teams have scored more Premier League goals this season than Bolton (12), but the Trotters have the worst defence in the division. (22 goals conceded).
Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic
- Ryan Taylor has scored four goals in this fixture, all while playing for Wigan.
- There have been four goals scored in the final five minutes of the last four meetings between Newcastle and Wigan.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 11 consecutive PL games for the first time since August 1997 (W5 D6).
- Steven Taylor has blocked more opposition shots than any other player in the Premier League this season (14).
- Wigan have won just one of their last 12 Premier League trips to play the three north east teams (W1 D5 L6).
- Wigan have lost their last five Premier League games in a row, their worst run since November 2007
- Only Wolves (6%) and QPR (7%) have converted a lower percentage of shots in to goals than Wigan (9%).
- Wigan have only scored seven goals in their last nine Premier League matches and just three in their last six matches away from home.
- Newcastle have the joint-best defence in the Premier League conceding just six goals so far, along with two clubs from Manchester.
- The Magpies' defenders have cleared five shots off the goal-line this season, more than any other team.
Liverpool v Norwich City
- Liverpool have won the last four league meetings with Norwich City.
- Norwich have conceded more penalties than any other team (5).
- Liverpool have allowed the joint-fewest shots on target this season (27).
- The Canaries have conceded five goals in the final 15 minutes of games, more than any other team.
- Liverpool have kept just two clean sheets in their last 11 Premier League games and in both matches the opposition was reduced to 10 men.
- The Reds have lost just one of their last 14 Premier League home matches (W9 D4 L1).
- Norwich are one of only two teams (along with Blackburn) who are yet to keep a clean sheet in the Premier League this season.
- Liverpool have won two penalties this season and two different players have both missed, Dirk Kuyt and Luis Suarez.
- Norwich have won just one of their last 34 Premier League away games (W1 D10 L23).
- Since 2003/04, Liverpool have lost only one of their 24 home games against newly promoted sides at Anfield (Blackpool in 2010/11).
Arsenal v Stoke City
- Stoke have managed just six shots on target and one goal (from a penalty) in three visits to the Emirates Stadium.
- Arsenal have scored in all seven matches against Stoke in all competitions since the Potters were promoted back to the Premier League.
- Stoke City have fired in fewer shots on target (21) than any other team in the Premier League and only Swansea (34%) have a worse shooting accuracy (36%).
- Robin van Persie has scored 23 goals in 25 Premier League games in 2011
- Stoke have scored the highest percentage of goals from set pieces in the top flight (67%) while Arsenal have scored the lowest percentage (8%).
- Arsenal have won just five of their last 19 Premier League matches since beating Stoke 1-0 at the Emirates in February last season (W5 D7 L7). That victory was the last time the Gunners won back to back Premier League games.
- Stoke City have made the fewest passes under 35 yards (1799), while Arsenal have made the fewest passes over 35 yards (319).
- Robin van Persie has hit the woodwork 19 times since August 2008; five more than any other player and only five other players are in double figures.
- Stoke have never drawn a Premier League game away against a London club, winning three and losing 12 of their visits to the capital.
- Arsenal have used the joint-most players in this season's Premier League (27), while only Aston Villa (19) have used fewer than Stoke City (20).
Fulham v Everton
- Fulham and Everton have met 20 times in the Premier League and 18 of those matches have ended as home wins, though the one draw and one away win both came at Craven Cottage.
- The last three victories in this fixture have all been by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Louis Saha has scored five goals in 10 Premier League games against his former club.
- Fulham have won just one of their last nine Premier League matches (W1 D5 L3).
- The Londoners have lost just one of their last 13 matches at Craven Cottage in the Premier League (W7 D5 L1).
- Everton have lost their last three Premier League games, but haven't suffered four defeats on the bounce since December 2005.
- Fulham's Danny Murphy has created more scoring chances for team-mates than any other player in the Premier League (25).
- Tim Howard has saved four and conceded only two goals from the last seven penalties he has faced in the Premier League.
- Everton have only scored three goals in their last six Premier League away matches, alternating between not scoring and netting one goal.
- The Toffees have won none of their last nine Premier League trips to play London sides (D6 L3).
Manchester United v Manchester City
- United have won five and lost none of the last six Premier League games against their city rivals.
- Manchester United have already beaten City once this season, 3-2 in the Community Shield.
- There have been five 90th minute or later goals scored in the last eight matches in all competitions between City and United, three of them to win the match for United.
- Michael Owen has scored seven goals in eight Premier League games against Manchester City.
- Manchester City have fired in more shots on target (65) than any other side in the Premier League.
- United have scored with a higher percentage of their shots than any other team in the Premier League (24%), while City are ranked second scoring with 20%.
- City have picked up just eight yellow cards and no reds so far this season, fewer cards than any other team in the top flight.
- Samir Nasri leads the Premier League with six goal assists.
- Manchester United have won their last 19 Premier League home matches in a row.
- None of the eight previous teams to have netted more than 20 goals after eight games in a Premier League campaign have gone on to win the title - both these sides have exceeded the 20-goal mark.
Blackburn Rovers v Tottenham Hotspur
- Blackburn have won just two of the last 15 Premier League games against Spurs (W2 D5 L8) and lost the last four in a row.
- Rovers have scored just five goals in their last six Premier League games against Tottenham, all of them in the 80th minute or later.
- Roman Pavlyuchenko has scored four goals in just three Premier League appearances against Blackburn.
- Blackburn have conceded more fouls than any other team in the Premier League this season.
- Rovers are unbeaten against London opposition this season with two draws and one win.
- Blackburn have only won one of their last eight Premier League games.
- Rovers have kept just one clean sheet in their last 15 league matches.
- Five of Jermain Defoe's last seven league goals have come from outside the box.
- Only once (2009-10, 15) in Premier League history have Tottenham had more points after seven matches.
- Only once (1996-97, 3) in Premier League history have Blackburn had fewer points after eight games.
Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea
- QPR have won just one of the last 14 matches in all competitions against west London neighbours Chelsea (W1 D4 L9).
- Chelsea have allowed the joint-fewest shots on target this season (27).
- Chelsea have only won one of their last six Premier League London derbies away from home (W1 D3 L2).
- QPR's last London derby saw their biggest ever Premier League defeat when they lost 0-6 to Fulham.
- QPR and Chelsea have figured in the same Premier League season just four times, but the Hoops have finished above the Blues in three of those campaigns.
- Only Wolves (6%) have converted a lower percentage of shots in to goals than QPR (7%).
- Only Manchester City (134) have fired in more shots than Chelsea in the Premier League this season (115).
- Chelsea have gone seven Premier League games without keeping a clean sheet for the first time since 2003.
- Daniel Sturridge has scored four goals in his last four Premier League starts.
- Chelsea have only won back to back Premier League away games once since September 2010.