Premier League OPTA facts - 22-24 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool
- There have only been six goals scored in five Premier League meetings between Wolves and Liverpool, with the Reds failing to score in the last two.
- Liverpool have dropped the joint-most points from winning positions in the Premier League this season (14).
- Only Wolves (4) have picked up fewer points away from home this season than Liverpool (5).
- If Liverpool lose this match it will be six away defeats in a row, their worst sequence on the road in Premier League history & the first time since 1954 when they lost 20 in succession.
- Liverpool have only won two of their last 20 Premier League away games since the beginning of January 2010.
- Liverpool have scored only eight goals in their last 12 Premier League away games and not more than once in any of those fixtures.
Arsenal v Wigan Athletic
- Arsenal have dropped five points from winning positions in their last two Premier League games against Wigan.
- Andrey Arshavin has scored in each of his two league appearances against Wigan.
- There have been five goals scored in the 89th minute or later in the last four Premier League meetings between Wigan and Arsenal.
- Wigan have won just one and lost eight of their 11 Premier League games against Arsenal.
- Arsenal have won all eight home matches in all competitions against Wigan.
- The Latics have failed to score in their last five matches at the Emirates.
- No title-winning side has dropped more than 10 points at home in a whole season since Arsenal in 2001-02. The Gunners have dropped 11 already at the Emirates.
Blackpool v Sunderland
- Sunderland mustered 31 attempts including 11 on target but lost 0-2 when they met Blackpool on the 29th December.
- DJ Campbell has scored five goals in his last six Premier League matches.
- Blackpool haven't kept a clean sheet at home in the Premier League, but no visiting side has stopped them from scoring.
- Only six different players have scored for Sunderland this season, fewer than any other team.
- Sunderland have kept the joint-most clean sheets along with Manchester City (11).
- Blackpool's games have averaged 3.19 goals per match, a Premier League high, while Sunderland's have averaged 2.13, a divisional low.
Everton v West Ham United
- West Ham didn't manage a single shot on target in the reverse fixture against Everton last month, their goal being an own goal scored by Tony Hibbert.
- West Ham have won none of the last six meetings with Everton in the Premier League.
- Louis Saha has scored five goals in four Premier League appearances for Everton against West Ham.
- The Toffees have beaten West Ham 16 times in the Premier League, more victories than against any other opponent.
- West Ham have won only one of their last 14 trips to Goodison Park.
- West Ham have conceded more corners (165) than any other team this season.
- The Toffees have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 Premier League matches.
- The Hammers have kept just two clean sheets in their last 17 Premier League matches.
Fulham v Stoke City
- Fulham scored two goals from just three shots on target when they beat Stoke 2-0 around four weeks ago.
- There have been two games between Stoke and Fulham this season and both have ended with a 2-0 scoreline with one win apiece.
- Five of the last eight league meetings between Stoke and Fulham have ended as 1-0 wins, including the last three league meetings at Craven Cottage.
- Fulham have earned just 24 yellow cards and no red, the fewest cards of any team in the top flight.
- 79% of the goals Stoke have scored have been netted in the second half, the highest proportion in the Premier League.
- Only 36% of the goals Fulham have conceded have come in the second half, the lowest proportion in the Premier League.
- Stoke City have drawn the joint-fewest matches (3) while Fulham have drawn the joint-most (11).
Manchester United v Birmingham City
- There have been only seven goals scored in the last five Premier League meetings between Manchester United and Birmingham City.
- Wayne Rooney has scored in four of his last seven Premier League games against Birmingham.
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last 24 matches in all competitions against Birmingham since losing 5-1 at St Andrews in November 1978.
- Man Utd have won the last nine home games against Birmingham City with the Blues failing to score in any of those matches.
- Man Utd have scored with 18% of their shots, the highest conversion rate in the Premier League.
- The Blues have dropped 10 points from winning positions away from home this season, the joint-most with Aston Villa.
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
- Spurs have scored exactly one goal in nine of the last 12 Premier League matches against Newcastle.
- None of the last 21 Premier League meetings between Newcastle and Tottenham has ended as a draw.
- Newcastle have won the last four Premier League meetings against Tottenham at St James Park.
- In the last 17 meetings, Newcastle have won all 10 matches where they have scored and lost all seven where they failed to find the net.
- Newcastle haven't kept a clean sheet against Spurs in their last 12 Premier League meetings.
- Spurs have recouped more points (16) than any other team in the Premier League from losing positions this season.
- Tottenham have won more corners (160) than any other Premier League side.
Aston Villa v Manchester City
- Man City scored four goals from just six shots on target against Villa when they met in December.
- Villa have only won two of their last 16 Premier League games against Man City.
- Villa have conceded five penalties in their last five Premier League games against the Citizens.
- Man City have won six penalties this season, more than any other team.
- Aston Villa have dropped the joint-most points from winning positions in the Premier League this season (14).
- Manchester City have kept the join-most clean sheets along with Sunderland (11).
- Since Carlos Tevez joined Manchester City, no player has scored more goals than the 37 the Argentinean has netted joint-most with Didier Drogba.
Blackburn Rovers v West Bromwich Albion
- Rovers scored three goals from just four shots on target in their 3-1 win at the Hawthorns last month.
- Blackburn have had a player sent off in the last three Premier League games against West Brom.
- West Brom have only won one of the nine Premier League meetings with Blackburn.
- Blackburn are the only team in the Premier League not to recover any points from losing positions this season.
- West Brom have gone 20 matches without keeping a clean sheet in the Premier League.
- Blackburn have conceded 12 goals in the 15 minutes just after half-time, more than any other team in this period.
- West Brom have won one and lost five of their last eight Premier League away games.
Bolton Wanderers v Chelsea
- Bolton failed to score in three matches against Chelsea last season, twice in the league and once in the Carling Cup and also last month in the Premier League.
- Chelsea are unbeaten against Bolton in their last 15 meetings in all competitions.
- Frank Lampard has scored seven goals in his last 11 Premier League appearances against Bolton.
- Bolton haven't kept a clean sheet against Chelsea in their last 20 Premier League meetings.
- Bolton have failed to score in their last seven home games against Chelsea, making it the longest run of any host team without a goal against an opponent in Premier League history.
- Chelsea have scored in each of the last 20 Premier League games against Bolton.
- Bolton have committed 316 fouls, more than any other team in the Premier League.
- Chelsea have won none and lost four of their last six Premier League away games.