Premier League Opta Facts – April 27-29
Premier League Opta Facts - April 27-29
Manchester City v West Ham United
- Manchester City have won seven and lost just one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League games against West Ham.
- Andy Carroll has scored more goals against Manchester City than versus any other Premier League opponent (4).
- West Ham didn't manage a single shot on target when they met Manchester City at Upton Park earlier this season.
- The Hammers have scored just nine goals in their last 16 Premier League games against Man City and never more than once in a game in that run.
- City have kept six clean sheets in their last seven home games in the Premier League.
- West Ham have never finished a Premier League season with a positive goal difference. Currently they are on minus seven.
- Samir Nasri has two goals in three games (all competitions) after going 20 without one.
- West Ham have the best saves to shots rate in the Premier League this season (76%).
- Matt Jarvis has created more goalscoring chances than any other player without an assist this season (40).
- 68 points is City's second best haul at this stage of a Premier League season but six fewer than in 2011-12.
Chelsea v Swansea City
- If Frank Lampard scores in this match he will equal Andy Cole's record of scoring against 38 different teams in the Barclays Premier League.
- Chelsea have had three players sent off against Swansea in their last five meetings, including Eden Hazard for the infamous ball-boy scuffle in this season's Capital One Cup.
- Chelsea have won none of their last four matches against Swansea in all competitions (W0 D3 L1).
- Chelsea's total of 66 goals after 33 games is their second best haul at this stage of the season after 84 in 2009-10.
- Juan Mata has assisted 25 goals in 64 Premier League appearances for Chelsea.
- Fernando Torres has gone 997 minutes without a Premier League goal.
- Torres scored in this fixture last season but was then sent off 10 minutes later. He then went 1035 minutes without a league goal.
- Swansea have won only one of their six games since winning the Capital One Cup.
- Swansea manager Michael Laudrup's brother Brian produced one assist in seven Premier League appearances for Chelsea.
- Petr Cech needs one more clean sheet to take third place in the outright list of Premier League clean sheets. Currently level with David Seaman on 140.
- Petr Cech has the best clean sheet ratio (0.49) of any goalkeeper in Premier League history (140 in 287 apps).
Everton v Fulham
- Everton have won the last 19 league games in a row on home soil against Fulham.
- The Toffees are unbeaten in their last seven matches in all competitions against the Whites (W5 D2 L0).
- Marouane Fellaini has scored four goals in his last three appearances in all competitions against Fulham.
- Fulham have recovered fewer points than any other team in the top flight from losing positions this season (5).
- Everton have conceded the highest number of headed goals in this season's Barclays Premier League (14).
- The Toffees have scored a higher percentage of first half goals than any other team in this season's top flight (57%).
- Darron Gibson has been on the losing side only four times in 31 appearances for Everton.
- Five of Everton's last six games have gone under 2.5 goals.
- Fulham have failed to score in three of their last four league games.
- Everton have gone 214 minutes without a Premier League goal.
Southampton v West Bromwich Albion
- Southampton have dropped more points than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season from winning positions (29).
- Five of the last seven league meetings between Southampton and West Brom have ended as draws with one win a piece in the other two games.
- WBA need one victory from their final five games to set a new club record in the Premier League.
- Saints are unbeaten in their last six Premier League games, only Arsenal can match that run currently.
- WBA have seen more yellow cards for time wasting than any other Premier League side this season.
- Southampton lead the way in tackles (750) and interceptions (702) this season.
- Individually, Morgan Schneiderlin leads the Premier League for tackles (141) and interceptions (126).
- Southampton have won six and lost only four of their games against sides currently in the bottom half of the table.
- Saints have scored as many Premier League goals as Manchester City in 2013 (21).
- Rickie Lambert remains the top scoring Englishman in the Premier League this season (14).
Stoke City v Norwich City
- Four of the last six matches between Stoke and Norwich have ended with a 1-0 scoreline with the others being a 1-1 draw and a 2-1 win for Stoke.
- Stoke have not won consecutive Premier League games since December 1st.
- Robert Snodgrass has collected eight yellow cards in his last 12 Premier League appearances.
- Jonathan Walters is the only player to fail to score with more than one penalty this season (2).
- Six of Stoke's last eight Premier League games have gone under 2.5 goals.
- Norwich have lost only one of four game against fellow ‘City' sides this season.
- This game pits together the two teams to have won the fewest Premier League games in 2013 (two apiece).
- No ground has seen more goals from corners than the Britannia Stadium this season (10).
- Stoke have scored three of the seven goals from throws in the Premier League this season.
- Jonathan Walters has featured in each of Stoke's last 87 Premier League games, the longest current run by an outfielder.
Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur
- Wigan have won just three and lost seven of their 15 previous Barclays Premier League meetings with Spurs, including suffering their record defeat (1-9).
- Jermain Defoe has scored 10 goals in 12 Premier League appearances against the Latics.
- Clint Dempsey has scored more Premier League goals against Wigan than versus any other opponent (6).
- Wigan have scored the highest percentage of second half goals in this season's top division (68%).
- 61 points from 33 games is Tottenham's joint best return at this stage of a Premier League season.
- Wigan have the same number of points as they did after 33 games last season (they won four of their last five games in 2011-12).
- Gareth Bale has scored and assisted a goal in each of his last two Premier League games.
- Both teams have scored in 24 of Tottenham's league games this season, more than any other club.
- Spurs have led in 13 away games this season, only Man Utd (14) have done so in more.
- The DW stadium has seen fewer long range goals than any other Premier League stadium this season (2).
Newcastle United v Liverpool
- Liverpool have won nine and drawn one of the last 13 Barclays Premier League games against Newcastle in Premier League history.
- Liverpool have drawn their last three Premier League games; they have not drawn four in a row since December 2008.
- Newcastle had won four successive home games before a defeat to rivals Sunderland in their last game at St James Park (0-3).
- Liverpool have only kept two clean sheets in 18 Premier League trips to Tyneside.
- Only Newcastle v Tottenham (38, at both venues) has seen more Premier League meetings without a single 0-0 draw than Newcastle v Liverpool (37).
- Each of Liverpool's last seven league goals has come in the 45th minute or later.
- Newcastle have conceded more goals than ever before at this stage of a Premier League campaign (60).
- The Magpies have only scored one goal from a corner all season; a league-low.
- Newcastle have not lost a Premier League game having been two goals or more up since December 1998, when they lost 2-4 to Liverpool. The Magpies have played 508 Premier League games since that defeat.
- Only against Aston Villa (11) has Steven Gerrard scored more Premier League goals than he has against Newcastle (seven).
Reading v Queens Park Rangers
- There have been five red cards in the last five league meetings between QPR and Reading.
- Reading are the only team to average less than 40% possession in the Barclays Premier League this season (39%).
- Danny Guthrie has been booked in three of his last four Premier League appearances.
- QPR have taken one point from their last five Premier league games.
- Reading have taken one point from their last nine Premier League games.
- 10 of Reading's 37 league goals this season have been provided by substitutes.
- Only two sides in Premier League history have won fewer games by this stage of the season than QPR (Derby 1 in 07-08 and Sunderland 2 in 05-06).
- Whoever loses this match will definitely be relegated. If it is a draw then a point from Aston Villa on Monday night will relegate both sides.
- QPR have gone three hours and five minutes without scoring.
- Reading have hit 100 shots on target this season, fewer than any other team.
Arsenal v Manchester United
- Arsenal and Man Utd have dropped the joint-fewest points from winning positions in the Barclays Premier League this season (4).
- Manchester United have won six and lost one of the last seven Premier League meetings with Arsenal.
- The Gunners have kept just four clean sheets in their last 16 Premier League games at Emirates Stadium.
- Robin Van Persie has scored in each of his last three appearances where Arsenal have played against Man Utd, twice for the Gunners and last time out for the Red Devils.
- Rooney scored his first Premier League goal, his first in the PL for Man Utd and his 100th Premier League goal against Arsenal.
- Rooney's 10 goal haul is the highest by a Premier League player against the Gunners (along with Robbie Fowler) and also his joint-highest versus any opponent in the history of the competition.
- Only Arsenal (18) have scored more goals in the final 15 minutes of matches than Manchester United (15).
- Despite having the best away defence (14 goals conceded), 12 teams have a better home defensive record than the 21 goals shipped by the Gunners at Emirates Stadium.
- Man Utd are the first team to be champions with four games remaining since Arsenal in 2003-04.
- Robin van Persie has scored 17 goals in his last 17 Premier League appearances at the Emirates.
- Arsenal have taken only four points from seven games against the other sides in the top five this season, every other member has at least 10.
Aston Villa v Sunderland
- Sunderland didn't manage a single shot on target when they played Aston Villa at the Stadium of Light earlier this season.
- There have been five red cards in the last eight Barclays Premier League meetings between Sunderland and Aston Villa.
- There have been only 14 goals scored in the 11 Premier League matches between Villa and the Black Cats at Villa Park.
- Sunderland have lost just one of their last five Premier League trips to Villa Park (W2 D2 L1).
- Sunderland have scored fewer headed goals than any other Premier League side (2).
- Villa have conceded in their last 18 Premier League games, the longest such run of the season.
- Sunderland are on the longest run of Premier League wins going into this weekend (2).
- The Black Cats have seen more opponents sent off than any other Premier League team this season (6).
- Villa Park has seen fewer first half goals than any other Premier League stadium this season (14).
- Aston Villa have lost eight of the 10 home games they have fallen behind in this season, battling to win just one.