Premier League Opta Facts - 7-9 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers
- Eight of the last 12 Premier League games between these sides have ended level.
- Villa have scored four goals in each of their last two home league encounters with Bolton.
- Wanderers have only kept one clean sheet in 10 Premier League away trips to Villa Park.
- Bolton are the only Premier League team not to have kept a clean sheet this season.
- In their last 36 league games, Bolton have kept only three clean sheets.
- Only Chelsea (8) have conceded fewer goals than Aston Villa this season (11).
Blackburn Rovers v Portsmouth
- Blackburn and Portsmouth have never drawn a game at Ewood Park in the Premier League.
- Overall there has been only one draw in 12 Premier League meetings.
- Blackburn have scored just three second half goals this season, only Hull City have scored as few.
- Rovers have won six and drawn two of their last nine Premier League home games.
- Portsmouth have averaged only 1.08 points per game in November Premier League games.
- After 11 games last season, Portsmouth had twice as many points as they do currently (7).
Manchester City v Burnley
- Burnley are one of two teams (along with rivals Blackburn), not to have won a point on the road this season.
- Manchester City have not won any of the five matches in which they were not leading at half-time in the Premier League this season.
- City have averaged only 1.02 points per game in 125 Premier League north west derby games.
- City have drawn four Premier League games in a row, something last seen in April 2004. They have never drawn five in a row.
- Burnley have not drawn yet in the Premier League.
- Fulham (twice) are the only away team not to have lost at the City of Manchester Stadium in 2009.
Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland
- Tottenham have only won one of their last five top-flight meetings with Sunderland.
- Sunderland have scored at least once in 13 of their last 14 Premier League clashes with the Lilywhites.
- Tottenham have won seven of their eight Premier League home games with Sunderland.
- Sunderland have scored more than twice as many goals (20) as they had at this point last season (9).
- Since August 2005, Darren Bent has scored 57 Premier League goals, only Cristiano Ronaldo (75) and Wayne Rooney (61) have more.
- Tottenham have kept only one clean sheet in their last 13 Premier League games.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Arsenal
- Wolves have conceded exactly three goals in both of their previous Premier League clashes with Arsenal.
- Wolves have not won at home against Arsenal since October 1978, a run of seven winless matches (in all competitions).
- The Gunners have rattled the woodwork more than any other top-flight side this season, seven times.
- Wolves have scored the fewest first half goals this season (2), Arsenal the most (16).
- In the last three seasons, Arsenal have lost more league games in November (6) than they have won (5).
- This is Arsenal's worst ever defensive performance after 10 Premier League games (13 conceded).
Hull City v Stoke City
- Four of the last five meetings between Hull City and Stoke City have ended 1-1.
- Ricardo Fuller scored in both Premier League games against Hull last season.
- Stoke have thrown away nine points from leading positions this season, more than any other side.
- Of current Premier League teams, only Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have averaged more points per game in November than Stoke (1.60).
- Hull have never won a Premier League game in November - D3 L2.
- Since the start of 2007/08, Hull City have won a fewer percentage of their points at home than any other Premier League side (49%).
West Ham United v Everton
- West Ham have gone eight Premier League games without a clean sheet.
- Everton have drawn more Premier League games in 2009 than any other side - 10
- The Hammers have won just one of their last seven Premier League encounters with Everton.
- In 28 Premier League games against Everton, West Ham have never scored more than two goals in one game.
- The Hammers have scored 23 goals in 28 games against the Toffeemen, an average of only 0.82.
- Scott Parker has picked up four yellow cards and one red in his last seven Premier League games.
Wigan Athletic v Fulham
- Four of the last five Premier League clashes between these sides have ended as draws.
- The eight top-flight games between Wigan and Fulham have produced only nine goals in total.
- Wigan are the weakest second half team in the league this season, leaking 16 times in that period.
- This is Fulham's third best start to a Premier League season after 10 games.
- Wigan have kept only one clean sheet in their last 10 league games.
- Fulham are unbeaten in their last four games, their best run of 2009.
Chelsea v Manchester United
- Chelsea are unbeaten at home to Manchester United in the last seven Premier League seasons.
- United have scored a total of just two goals in their last six league trips to Stamford Bridge and they average 1.29 points per game against Chelsea in Premier League history, fewer than against any other side.
- United have failed to win 13 times at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League era, only at Arsenal have they been as consistently unsuccessful.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has won only one and lost three of his four meetings with Carlo Ancelotti.
- Paul Scholes is the top scorer in this fixture in the Premier League era with six goals.
- United have failed to score in the first half of seven of their 11 league games this season.
- Didier Drogba has scored nine goals in his last nine appearances (in all competitions).
- Chelsea have come from behind to win nine points this season, more than any other side.
Liverpool v Birmingham City
- The Blues are unbeaten in their last six top-flight games against the Reds.
- The last four league clashes between them have ended level.
- There have been only four 0-0 draws in the Premier League this season - two of them have involved Birmingham City.
- Birmingham have only scored more than once on one occasion in the Premier League this season.
- Liverpool score only one goal per game on average in matches in which both Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres are missing.
- Since November 2008 Fernando Torres has scored more Premier League goals (19) than any other player. Steven Gerrard is joint second with 17.