Premier League Opta Facts- October 29th -31st
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Everton v Manchester United
- After winning the first ever Premier League meeting with Manchester United, Everton have gone on to win just three of the other 37 encounters (Premier League W4 D6 L28).
- The Toffees were 1-3 down in this fixture last season going into injury time but scored twice to draw 3-3.
- Three of the last four goals Everton have scored against Man Utd have been 90th minute.
- Four of Everton's 10 Premier League goals this season have been scored in the 90th minute or later.
- Everton have only lost two of their last 15 matches at Goodison Park (W8 D5 L2), but those have come in the last four games and they have won only one of the last four.
- The Red Devils have lost just one of their last eight Premier League away matches (W3 D4 L1).
- Manchester United have scored more headed goals (6) than any other team in the Premier League this term.
- Man Utd have kept just three clean sheets in their last 13 Premier League matches.
- Only Bolton (55) have allowed their opponents more shots on target than Manchester United (54).
- United have scored with 24% of their shots, the best conversion rate in the top flight.
Chelsea v Arsenal
- Arsenal have won none of their last eight Premier League away matches, their worst run since 1992; the last time they went nine without a win was April 1988.
- The suspended Didier Drogba has scored 13 goals in 14 appearances against Arsenal in all competitions. Arsenal's record against Chelsea with him playing is W1 D3 L10, but in his absence Arsenal have won two, drawn one and lost none.
- Drogba has hit eight goals against Arsenal in the Premier League, joint-most against any other side along with West Brom.
- Arsenal have won six times in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge, more often than any other team.
- Robin van Persie has scored 25 goals in 26 Premier League appearances in 2011.
- The Dutchman has scored 11 goals in his last 12 Premier League away games and scored two at Stamford Bridge in November 2008, the last time the Gunners won away at Chelsea.
- The Gunners have only been able to win three of their last 18 matches against Chelsea in all competitions, but did win 3-1 at the Emirates in December last season (excluding Community Shield).
- Arsenal have beaten Chelsea six times after falling behind to the Blues in the Premier League, while the Pensioners have only come back to win once after trailing against the Gunners.
- The Blues have taken 31 points from the last 33 available at Stamford Bridge, but have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight home Premier League outings.
- The Gunners have conceded five goals from free kicks this season, more than any other team.
Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Nenad Milijas scored in both Premier League games against Manchester City last season.
- Manchester City have played three home games against Wolves in the Premier league and never had a player booked.
- There have been three penalties awarded in the last five league meetings between City and Wolves, all of them to the away team including in both of last season's Premier League encounters.
- Wolves have twice scored three goals away from home against City in three Premier League visits, but drew one 3-3 and lost the other 3-4.
- Manchester City have won 13 and lost none of their last 14 Premier League home games, keeping 10 clean sheets.
- Wolves have kept just nine clean sheets in 61 Premier League away matches
- 76% of the goals City have scored have been netted in the second half, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- City have also conceded the highest proportion of second half goals, 86%.
- Wolves have conceded the lowest percentage of goals in the second half, 29%.
- Mario Balotelli has scored five goals in his last four Premier League appearances.
Norwich City v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn have won four and lost none of their last eight matches in all competitions against Norwich.
- The last two meetings at Carrow Road between Rovers and Norwich both ended 1-1.
- Norwich have lost just one of their last eight Premier League games at Carrow Road (W6 D1 L1).
- The Canaries have lost just one of their last 16 league games at Carrow Road (W10 D5 L1).
- Paul Lambert's side have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 league games at Carrow Road and just three shut outs in their last 25.
- Rovers have won just one of their last 13 Premier League away games (W1 D 4 L8).
- Blackburn have kept just one clean sheet on the road in their last 23 Premier League trips.
- Rovers have scored exactly one goal in each of their four Premier League away matches this season.
- Norwich have scored a higher percentage of headed goals than any other team in the Premier League (45%).
- Blackburn Rovers have only won three of their last 23 Premier League matches.
Sunderland v Aston Villa
- In 20 Premier League meetings between Sunderland and Villa, the Black Cats have only scored more than once in a game on one occasion. Villa have only scored more than once on five of the 20 occasions.
- Sunderland have scored one goal in nine of the last 10 meetings with Villa and failed to score in the other match.
- There have been four red cards in the last five league matches between Sunderland and Villa.
- The Black Cats have won just two of their last 12 Premier League matches at the Stadium of Light.
- Sunderland haven't won a home league match without scoring at least three goals since December 2010.
- Villa have won just four of their last 24 Premier League away games (W4 D8 L12).
- Aston Villa have dropped more points from winning positions (7) than any other team in the top flight.
- Sunderland haven't won back to back away games since January, when the second of those matches was against Aston Villa.
- The Black Cats haven't had back to back clean sheets either since the start of January and those matches against Blackburn and Villa.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last seven Premier League matches.
Swansea City v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton have won five and lost none of their last nine matches against Swansea.
- Swansea are currently unbeaten in 12 successive home games in league competition (W8 D4).
- Owen Coyle's side have drawn just one of their last 17 Premier League away matches (W3 D1 L13).
- Danny Graham has scored in his last three Premier League appearances.
- Swansea have conceded fewer fouls than any other team in the Premier League (74).
- Bolton have been caught offside just nine times, fewer than any other team in the Premier League.
- Only Bolton (55) and Man Utd (54) have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than Swansea (53).
- Bolton have hit the target with 55% of their shots, the best shooting accuracy in the top flight.
- The Trotters have kept just one clean sheet in their last 15 Premier League matches.
- Swansea are the only team in the Premier League yet to concede a goal in a home match this season.
Wigan Athletic v Fulham
- There have only been 18 goals scored across the 12 Premier League matches between Fulham and Wigan.
- At the DW Stadium, there have only been seven goals scored in six Premier League encounters.
- Only one of the 12 Premier League matches between Fulham and Wigan has ended as an away win and none of the six at the DW Stadium where Wigan have won one and drawn five.
- The last five meetings between Fulham and Wigan at the DW have ended as draws; no exact Premier League fixture has ever seen six consecutive draws.
- Clint Dempsey has scored five goals in eight Premier League games against Wigan, making them his favourite opponent.
- Andrew Johnson has also scored five goals in eight Premier League appearances against Wigan and three in four in Fulham colours.
- Wigan haven't lost three consecutive Premier League home matches since November 2007.
- Fulham have failed to find the net in three of their four Premier League away games under Martin Jol.
- Wigan have lost their last six Premier League games in a row, their worst run since November 2007.
- Wigan have scored just three goals in their last six Premier League games and only more than once in any of their last 10 matches.
West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool
- The last time these two teams met, West Brom ended a run of nine Premier League games against the Reds without scoring by netting two penalties in a 2-1 win at the Hawthorns.
- Liverpool have won nine of the 10 PL meetings between West Brom and Liverpool, losing the other.
- Last season, Liverpool and West Brom both won one of the two meetings and Roy Hodgson was the victorious manager on both occasions.
- The Baggies haven't kept three home clean sheets in a row in the top flight since December 2005.
- Liverpool have only once won back to back Premier League away games since September 2009 (beat Wolves and Chelsea in Jan/Feb 2011).
- All four of the goals Liverpool have netted away from home in the Premier League this season have been scored in the final 20 minutes of games.
- West Brom have scored the highest proportion of goals in the top flight this season in the first half, 78%.
- Chris Brunt has missed three of his last five penalties in the Premier League (two saved, one missed), but the two he scored both came against Liverpool.
- Liverpool have hit the woodwork nine times, more than any other team in the league this season.
- Liverpool have only kept two clean sheets in their last 12 Premier League matches.
Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers
- Spurs and Rangers have met eight times in the Premier League, with both sides winning three of the matches.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 16 Premier League London derbies at White Hart Lane (W10 D6).
- QPR have won none of their last eight top flight London derbies away from home (D2 L6).
- Spurs have lost just one of their last 20 Premier League games at White Hart Lane (W11 D8 L1).
- Half of the goals QPR have conceded this season have been from set plays, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Rafael van der Vaart has scored five goals in his last four Premier League appearances.
- This is Spurs' joint-best start to a PL season in terms of points (16 from eight games).
- Tottenham have taken 16 points from the last 18 available, their best run of form since January 2005.
- QPR are one of two Premier League teams yet to score a headed goal this season.
- Emmanuel Adebayor has played against six London clubs in the Premier League and netted at least once against all of them.
Stoke City v Newcastle United
- Newcastle have won none of the four Premier League meetings with Stoke, losing two and drawing two.
- Stoke have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League games at the Britannia Stadium (W8 D4 L1).
- The Potters have conceded just five goals in their last 10 league games at the Britannia, keeping five clean sheets and not conceding more than one in a game.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last five Premier League away games; they haven't gone six without defeat in the top flight since February 2004.
- Stoke have scored 71% of their goals from set pieces this season, the highest percentage in the top division.
- Demba Ba has scored eight goals in his last nine Premier League starts.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 12 consecutive Premier games for the first time since August 1997 (W6 D6).
- Stoke have hit the target with 34% of their attempts, the lowest shooting accuracy in the top flight.
- Stoke have won just three of their last 11 Premier League matches (W3 D3 L5).
- The Potters have fired in just 22 shots on target, fewer than any other team in the top division.