Premier League Opta Facts - September 22nd - 23rd
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts - September 22nd - 23rd
Swansea City v Everton
- In 15 league and cup meetings, Swansea have never beaten Everton (W0 D4 L11).
- The Swans have failed to score in three of the last four league games against Everton including both matches in last season's Premier League.
- Swansea are unbeaten in their last five home games (W3 D2 L0), keeping three clean sheets in that run.
- The Toffees have lost just one of their last seven Premier League away games (W2 D4 L1).
- David Moyes' side have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League matches (W7 D5 L1).
- All five of the goals Everton have conceded so far this season in the Premier League have some in the second half.
- Everton have hit the woodwork four times this season, more often than any other team in the Premier League.
- Everton have mustered the most headers on target in this season's Premier League (7).
- All 10 of the goals Swansea have scored have been netted from open play.
- Kevin Mirallas has conceded a foul every 16 minutes so far, the most regular rate of any player in the Premier League (min. 90 minutes played).
Chelsea v Stoke City
- Stoke have failed to score in each of their last four visits to Stamford Bridge in all competitions.
- Chelsea have won eight and lost none of the last 10 games against Stoke in all competitions.
- The Potters have only scored three goals in eight Premier League meetings with the Blues.
- Stoke suffered their heaviest ever Premier League defeat in this fixture two season ago when Chelsea ran out 7-0 winners.
- Chelsea have won eight and lost just one of their last 11 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge.
- Stoke have won none of their last 11 Premier League away matches (W0 D5 L6).
- Tony Pulis' side have netted just six goals in their last 11 Premier League away games.
- Stoke City are only the second team ever to draw their opening four Premier League matches (Crystal Palace 1992-93). No team has ever drawn their opening five games.
- The last time a British man won a tennis Grand Slam, a Stoke City player ended the season as the top flight's leading scorer.
- 75% of the goals netted in Stoke's four league games have been from set pieces, three out of the four scored and three out of four conceded.
Southampton v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have won three and lost none of the last five Premier League meetings with Southampton, though the most recent of these matches was in April 2005.
- Aston Villa have won none of their last 10 Premier League away games.
- The Villans have netted just four goals in their last 10 Premier League matches on the road.
- Southampton are the eighth team to lose their first four games of a Premier League campaign, two of the other seven were Southampton 1998-99 & Aston Villa 1997-98, both of whom survived.
- Saints have conceded the joint-most goals after four games of any team in Premier League history (14 along with Swindon in 1993-94).
- Southampton have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than any other team in the top flight (28).
- Victory over Swansea last weekend ended a run of 13 Premier League games without a win for Villa (W1 D6 L7).
- Saints have suffered only 19 fouls so far this season, fewer than any other team in the division.
- Southampton have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the Premier League (6).
- Aston Villa have the joint-worst disciplinary record so far in the Premier League with Liverpool with nine yellow cards and one red.
West Bromwich Albion v Reading
- Reading have won five and lost just one of their last 10 meetings with West Brom in all competitions.
- West Brom have won seven and lost none of their last eight league meetings at the Hawthorns against Reading.
- West Brom have kept seven clean sheets in their last nine Premier League games at the Hawthorns.
- Reading have won just one of their last 10 matches in the Premier League (W1 D3 L6).
- Only Sunderland (5) have attempted fewer shots per game on average than Reading (7.7).
- Referee Michael Oliver gave his first two red cards in the Premier League to West Brom players, against Blackpool in November 2010.
- Michael Oliver has awarded penalties to the home sides in two of his three Premier League outings this season.
- West Brom striker Shane Long scored five goals in 50 Premier League appearances for Reading.
- Shane Long scored the winning goal the last time these two sides met; as a Reading player in a 1-0 FA Cup win in January 2011.
- There have been three red cards in the last four meetings between Reading and West Brom including one for Shane Long as a Reading player in February 2010 in the FA Cup.
West Ham United v Sunderland
- A win for Sunderland at Upton Park in May 2011 ended a run of six wins in a row for the Hammers against the Black Cats on home soil in the top flight.
- If the Hammers keep a clean sheet they will equal their best run of three home shut outs from the start of a Premier League season.
- Sunderland have won none of their last nine Premier League away games (W0 D5 L4).
- Sunderland have averaged five shots per game this season, fewer than any other team in the top flight.
- Steven Fletcher has scored three goals from three shots on target for the Black Cats.
- All seven of the goals netted by Sunderland and West Ham in the Premier League this season have been scored in the first half of games.
- Sunderland are the only team in the Premier League without a header on target in the Premier League this season.
- West Ham have conceded more fouls than any other team in the top flight this seasons (62).
- Sam Allardyce has a record of three wins and just one defeat in five Premier League matches as a coach against Martin O'Neill.
- Martin O'Neill has seen his teams enjoy just one win at Upton Park in the Premier League (Aston Villa December 2008) (W1 D2 L5).
Wigan Athletic v Fulham
- Wigan have won none of their last 11 Premier League games against Fulham (W0 D6 L5).
- The Latics have only scored eight goals in 14 Premier League meetings with Fulham and never more than once in a game.
- Hugo Rodallega scored 24 goals in 112 Premier League appearances for Wigan before signing for Fulham this summer, but netted just two in 23 games last season.
- Wigan have lost just one of their last seven Premier League home games (W4 D2 L1).
- Fulham haven't drawn a Premier League away game in 2012, winning three and losing eight.
- Martin Jol has seen his side score just 14 goals in 21 Premier League away games during his reign.
- Fulham have hit the target with 71% of their attempts at goal, a higher percentage than any other team in the top division.
- The Whites have fired in more shots on target than any other team in the Premier League (34).
- All six of the goals Fulham have conceded have been shipped before half-time.
- Since the start of last season, Wigan have conceded more penalties than any other Premier League side (11).
Liverpool v Manchester United
- Nemanja Vidic has been sent off in his last two appearances at Anfield. Three of his four red cards in the Premier League have been against Liverpool.
- Liverpool have won four and lost none of their last five games in all competitions at home to Manchester United.
- Javier Hernandez has scored in each of his last two Premier League appearances at Anfield.
- Robin van Persie scored both goals as Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield last season and has netted four in his last five games against the Merseysiders.
- Only Liverpool v Everton (20) has seen more red cards than Liverpool v Man Utd (13) in Premier League history.
- This fixture saw the spat and subsequent allegations of racism that led to Luis Suarez earning a lengthy ban. The Uruguayan's first start after his ban was in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford when his refusal to shake hands with Patrice Evra caused more controversy. Suarez also scored in this match.
- Liverpool have won just two of their 11 Premier League games at Anfield in 2012 (W2 D4 L5).
- Manchester United haven't lost away from home in the Premier League if they have scored since a 1-3 defeat to Liverpool in March 2011.
- Liverpool have posted the worst shooting accuracy of any team in the Premier League, hitting the target with just 27% of attempts.
- Manchester United have had seven different scorers in the Premier League this season, more than any other team.
Newcastle United v Norwich City
- Newcastle have won eight and lost just one of 12 Premier League games at home in 2012.
- Norwich have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 35 Premier League away games.
- Norwich have won just one of their last eight Premier League away matches (W1 D2 L5).
- All five of Newcastle's Premier League goals this season have been netted in the second half.
- Norwich have the lowest chance conversion rate in the Premier League scoring with just four per cent of their shots.
- The Magpies have won just one of their last six Premier League games (W1 D2 L3).
- Norwich have won just one of their last nine Premier League matches (W1 D4 L4).
- Two of the four red cards referee Neil Swarbrick has flourished in the Premier League have come in games involving Norwich (one for, one against).
- Jonas Gutierrez has been fouled more often than any other player in the Premier League (14).
- Norwich City are the first team since Blackburn in 93/94 not to pick up a single card in their opening four Premier League games.
Manchester City v Arsenal
- There have been just six goals scored in the last six meetings between Arsenal and Manchester City with all three encounters last season ending 1-0.
- Man City have scored just one goal in the last five Premier League games against Arsenal.
- There have been four red cards in the last four Premier League games between City and the Gunners.
- Man City have won three of the last four home league games against Arsenal. The only game that Arsenal won in that run saw Samir Nasri score the opener in a 3-0 win for Arsenal.
- Manchester City have won 29 and lost none of their last 31 Premier League home matches.
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League away games (W6 D3 L1).
- The Gunners haven't kept three consecutive Premier League clean sheets on the road since May 2005.
- Only Arsenal (10) have allowed their opponents fewer shots on target than Manchester City (11).
- Santi Cazorla has created more scoring chances for team-mates from open play than any other player (14).
- Sunday's referee is Mike Dean. Arsenal have won just one of the last 14 Premier League matches with him as the official (W1 D6 L7).
Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers
- Adel Taarabt scored the winning goal and was then sent off the last time these two sides met in April 2012.
- Tottenham have lost just two of their last 20 Premier League games at White Hart Lane (W13 D5 L2).
- QPR have picked up just three points from the last 45 available away from home in the Premier League (W0 D3 L12).
- Rangers have gone 18 Premier League games on the road since their last clean sheet.
- Only Newcastle (5) have seen their woodwork struck more often than QPR (4).
- All five of the goals Tottenham have conceded so far this season in the Premier League have come in the second half.
- Tottenham have fired in 33 shots from outside the box, 50% more than any other team in the Premier League.
- Jermain Defoe has fired in more shots (26) than any other player in the Premier League this season.
- Since the start of last season, referee Phil Dowd has awarded the joint-most penalties of any official in the top flight (13 along with Mike Dean).
- Mark Hughes has enjoyed just two wins in 14 Premier League games as a coach against Tottenham (W2 D5 L7), but one of those wins was his only outing as QPR's manager against Spurs back in April this year.