Premier League Opta Stats 10-12 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arsenal v Swansea City
- During Arsene Wenger's reign, Arsenal have averaged more points per game (2.10) than any other Premier League team in the month of September.
- Arsenal have taken just 13 points from their last 14 Premier League games.
- Arsenal conceded eight goals in a league game for the first time since 1896 in their last match (2-8 at Manchester United).
- Arsenal have never lost three consecutive home games in the Premier League.
- The Gunners have become the first PL team ever to receive a sending off in each of their first three PL games.
- Arsenal have used more players than any other side in the league this season (23).
Everton v Aston Villa
- Tim Cahill has scored six goals in 10 games against Aston Villa in the Premier League, more than against any other side he has faced in the competition.
- Aston Villa have only lost one of their last 11 Premier League fixtures, winning five of them.
- Everton have lost just once in their last 12 games at Goodison Park, last time out against QPR.
- The Toffees' last four Premier League games have all finished 1-0, with David Moyes side alternating between defeat and victory in this run.
- Aston Villa are unbeaten in 10 Premier League meetings with Everton, drawing six and winning four.
- Everton haven't managed a clean sheet in their last 15 matches against the Villans in all competitions.
Manchester City v Wigan Athletic
- The Citizens have won their last six league games, the longest current run of its kind in the top flight.
- Wigan can boast the longest current unbeaten run in the Premier League - the Latics haven't lost in seven top flight matches.
- Edin Dzeko has already scored six league goals this season, more than 16 of the 20 Premier League teams.
- Carlos Tevez has scored four goals in four league games against the Latics for City.
- No current Wigan player has ever scored a league goal against Man City.
- This is Manchester City's best start to a Premier League season (nine points, +9 goal difference).
Stoke City v Liverpool
- Stoke have only netted two goals in their last five Premier League games combined.
- Stoke have only lost one of their last 10 home league games; a 0-1 defeat to Wigan on the final day of last season.
- The Potters have failed to score in four of their six PL meetings with Liverpool.
- Liverpool have scored in all but one of their last 13 away league games.
- The Reds have taken seven points from their opening three games this season: as many as in 10/11 (four) and 09/10 (three) combined.
- Liverpool are the only Premier League side to have scored more than once in the opening 15 minutes of games this season (two).
Sunderland v Chelsea
- Chelsea have won 12 of the last 13 PL meetings between these sides, losing the other.
- Nicolas Anelka has netted seven goals for the Blues in five league clashes against Sunderland.
- The Blues have failed to score in each of their last two PL away games; they haven't gone three league games on the road without a goal since April 2002.
- Sunderland have lost their last three home league games and seven of their last eight
- The Black Cats are without a clean sheet in nine home league games, conceding two or more in seven of them.
- Chelsea have only kept one clean sheet in their last seven PL games.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
- Tottenham have won only one of their last 24 Premier League away games in the month of September and none of the last 15 since beating Sunderland in 2001.
- Wolves have the worst record in September of all teams to have played more than one season in the Premier League, averaging just 0.4 points per game in the month so far.
- Tottenham have won on only one of their three Premier League trips to Molineux.
- Roman Pavlyuchenko scored in both league meetings with Wolves last season.
- Spurs have never before lost their opening three Premier League matches.
- This is Wolves' best-ever start to a Premier League season after three games, though they have never previously been unbeaten after four.
- Tottenham have won only three of their last 14 Premier League games, their poorest record since November 2008.
Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United
- It has been 13 games since Bolton's last Premier League draw (four wins, nine defeats).
- Manchester United have already had a league-high six different players find the net in the PL this term.
- United have not received a card in five of their last eight Premier League meetings with Bolton.
- The Trotters have won only one of their last 17 league meetings with Manchester United.
- Only once before have Bolton scored as many goals after three Premier League games as the seven they have scored this season (eight in 2001/02).
- Wayne Rooney has averaged 0.14 goals per game in September in the Premier League: only May has been less productive (0.09) for him.
Norwich City v West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom have won their last three league matches against City (all in the Championship), including two at Carrow Road.
- However Norwich are unbeaten in their last six meetings with the Baggies in the top flight.
- For the second time, West Brom have lost their opening three Premier League games (after 2002/03).
- The Canaries have been flagged offside more times than any other team this season (14).
- Two of the four Premier League penalties scored this season have been against Norwich.
- West Brom have not kept a clean sheet on the road in the PL since the end of 2008/09, shipping 2.15 goals per game since then.
Fulham v Blackburn Rovers
- Clint Dempsey has scored three goals in his last four appearances against Blackburn.
- Fulham have found the net three times in their last two games at home to Rovers.
- The Whites have scored at least twice in five of their last six league games at Craven Cottage.
- Martin Jol's men have lost only one of their last 10 PL matches at home.
- Blackburn are on a run of three straight league defeats, they have not lost four in a row since December 2008 under Paul Ince.
- Fulham have used only four substitutes in the top-flight this season, fewer than any other side.
QPR v Newcastle United
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last four meetings with the Hoops, winning three.
- QPR have managed one win and two defeats after three games in each of their last four Premier League campaigns.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last six league games, winning three.
- The Magpies have not gone seven without defeat in the top flight since April 2008.
- QPR have lost four of their last five matches in all competitions.
- Neil Warnock's men are without a win in their last five matches at Loftus Road in all competitions, losing the last three.