Serie A Opta Facts - 31 March - 1 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna - Palermo
- The record between these two sides in Serie A is perfectly even: both sides have won 15 times, with 13 games drawn.
- The last six meetings in the league have been won by the home side.
- Palermo have beaten Bologna just once in 21 meetings at the Dall'Ara, with the hosts having the better of things only 14 times.
- Only once Palermo have managed to score more than a single goal at Bologna's ground in 21 meetings.
- Despite losing last Sunday away at Atalanta, Bologna would be 4th in the Serie A table if only games played in 2012 were included.
- Palermo are winless in their last five games - three losses in a row, followed by two 1-1 draws.
- The Sicilians have not kept a clean sheet in their last nine Serie A fixtures, conceding 19 goals in the process.
- Palermo remain the only Serie A side yet to win away from home.
- Josip Ilicic has scored in two of Palermo's last three meetings against Bologna; he is yet to score three against any Serie A opponent.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has already assisted 12 goals - a league-high figure.
- Diego Perez has picked up the most yellow cards in this campaign (12).
Cagliari - Atalanta
- Atalanta lead by 14 wins to 13 in their meetings aganist Cagliari in the top-flight, with 10 draws completing the record.
- These two sides have not shared a draw in their last six meetings, the Orobici lead by four wins to two in those games.
- Atalanta have won just twice in 18 visits to Sardinia, both by a 1-0 scoreline (one in 1964/65 and one in February 2009).
- Against Atalanta, Nenè scored his first Serie A brace back in November 2009, while Guido Marilungo bagged his first brace (and his first Serie A goals) against the Sardinians in April 2009.
- Cagliari have lost four of their last five Serie A games.
- 10 of the 16 goals that Cagliari have scored at home this season have come in their last four league games.
- Atalanta are unbeaten in their last eight games (three wins and five draws), conceding just two goals in the process.
- Atalanta have recorded three goalless draws in their last three games on the road.
- German Denis is Atalanta's leading goal scorer with 15 goals: this is already his most prolific Serie A campaign.
Catania - Milan
- Catania have drawn 11 times against AC Milan - more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Catania have beaten AC Milan just twice in 29 previous meetings, with the Rossoneri having had the better of things 16 times.
- AC Milan have scored in each of their last 13 games against Catania, netting six goals and conceding none in their last two meetings.
- AC Milan have won 2-0 in each of their last three games at Catania's ground.
- The Sicilians are unbeaten in seven games in the league (four wins and three draws).
- Taking into account just the last 10 match-days, Catania would be 2nd in the Serie A table on 19 points, just behind the Rossoneri on 23.
- Vincenzo Montella's side have won their last four home fixtures, and lost just twice at the Massimino this season.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last eight fixtures, and have won their last four scoring 10 goals and conceding just one in the process.
- AC Milan and Catania have recouped 12 and 11 points respectively from trailing situations - only Lazio (16) have gained more points this season after falling behind.
- Catania and AC Milan are the two Serie A sides with the most goals scored from set-pieces this term, 22 and 21 respectively.
- Since his return after a three-game suspension, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has netted seven goals in four games, reaching the top of the goal charts with 22 goals in total.
- AC Milan have seen goals from 17 different players - a Serie A-joint-high this season.
- One of those goal scorers is Robinho, who has found the net in his last two meetings against Catania; he is yet to score three against any side.
Fiorentina - Chievo
- These two sides have shared just one draw in their 15 Serie A meetings, with the Viola leading by 10 wins to four.
- The last three meetings between these two sides have produced a total of just three goals (three 1-0s).
- Fiorentina have won just one of their last eight league games, losing five times in the process.
- In their last game at the Franchi, the Viola suffered their worst home defeat in Serie A (0-5 against Juventus).
- Chievo have suffered just one defeat in the last six match-days, however they are winless in their last four games (three draws and a loss).
- Chievo have never scored more than two goals in a game this season.
- Chievo have taken seven points from their last three games on the road, and lost just one of their last six games away from home.
- Gennaro Sardo has already scored two goals against the Viola, more than he has managed against any other Italian side.
- Stevan Jovetic is Fiorentina's leading goal scorer on 12 goals - this is already his most prolific Serie A campaign, he had only bagged nine goals over the course of his first two seasons.
- Sergio Pellissier has made the most assists for Chievo (six), while Cyril Théréau has scored the most goals in this campaign (six).
- Stefano Sorrentino has already saved three penalties - a league-high this term.
Inter - Genoa
- This will be the 90th meetings between Inter and Genoa in Serie A: the Nerazzurri lead in the head-to-head by 45 wins to 17.
- Genoa have managed just four wins in 44 games at Inter's ground, 31 wins for the hosts.
- Inter are unbeaten in their last 10 meetings against Genoa, with the Grifoni able to score just four goals in the process.
- Inter have won just one of their last 10 Serie A fixtures, losing on six occasions and failing to score seven times.
- At home, Claudio Ranieri's side have failed to win their last five games (three draws and two losses).
- Genoa are winless in their last eight games (four defeats and as many draws).
- The Grifoni have lost six of their last seven games on the road, conceding on average 3.1 goals per game.
- Yuto Nagatomo has already scored two goals against Genoa, the only side against whom he has bagged more than one in Serie A.
- Diego Milito is Inter best scorer with 14 goals in 24 league appearances - he will face the worst defence of this competition (51 goals conceded by Genoa so far).
- Lucio is the player with the most interceptions in this Serie A campaign (125).
- Rodrigo Palacio has been involved in 51% of his side's 37 total goals, scoring 15 and providing four assists.
- Five of his goals were assisted by Alberto Gilardino.
Juventus - Napoli
- Juventus lead by 58 wins to 28 against Napoli in Serie A, with 45 games drawn.
- Napoli have scored 145 goals against Juve, more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Napoli have won just seven of their 65 games at Juve's ground, with the hosts winning 38 times.
- However, Napoli are unbeaten in their last five games against the Old Lady (three wins and two draws).
- Marek Hamsik has already scored five goals against Juventus (more than against any other side), including one of his four Serie A braces.
- Napoli are Alessandro Matri's favourite opponents, with the striker netting five goals against against the Partenopei.
- AC Milan were the last side to beat Juventus in Turin, 1-0 back in March 2011.
- Juve have failed to score in just one of their last 19 home games (0-0 against Siena last February).
- Juventus have alternated between a win and a draw over their last six home games in the league.
- Napoli are unbeaten in the last nine match-days, but have drawn their last two games 2-2.
- Walter Mazzarri's side have shipped seven goals over their last three league games.
- Adinson Cavani is Napoli leading scorer on 19 goals, while Alessandro Matri is the only player to have recorded double figures in Juve's squad this season (10 goals).
- Cavani is the only Serie A player to have missed three penalties in this campaign.
Lecce - Cesena
- This will be the 10th meetings between these two sides in Serie A: Cesena lead by four wins to three.
- Lecce are unbeaten against Cesena at the Via del Mare (two wins and two draws).
- Neither side have scored more than a single goal in any of their last three Serie A meetings.
- Lecce have drawn three of their last four league games while Cesena are winless in their last five, losing three.
- At home, Lecce have notched two wins and four draws in their last six fixtures, however they have picked up just 11 points at home so far - a joint-league-low.
- Cesena have lost seven of their last eight games on the road, and have collected just seven points away from home - only Palermo have an inferior away record in this campaign.
- Lecce and Cesena have both conceded the joint-most goals from corners this season (nine).
- Cesena have the worst goal difference in the division (-29).
- Cuadrado (Lecce) is the Serie A player with the most dribbles completed this season (90).
Parma - Lazio
- Lazio have scored 22 goals at the Tardini - only Roma have netted more at Parma's ground in Serie A so far.
- Parma have won 10 of their 20 home meetings against Lazio in the league, with the visitors winning on five occasions.
- Parma have won just one of their last 12 meetings against Lazio, at the Olimpico in September 2010 (2-1).
- Lazio have failed to score just in one of their last 16 meetings against Parma, in May 2007 (0-0).
- Parma are winless in their last eight Serie A fixtures (five draws and three losses).
- Lazio have not been involved in a draw in their last 13 league games (seven wins and six losses), and haven't drawn any of the last eight games away from home.
- Last season, Sergio Floccari scored a goal for Lazio in both games against his current team, Parma.
- Hernanes has been substituted off 19 times this season - a Serie A-high.
- Miroslav Klose has mustered 25 headed shots this season, a record in this competition; four of these attempts found the net, a joint-high shared with Palermo's Igor Budan.
- Excluding goalkeepers, Cristian Ledesma has played more minutes than any other Serie A player this term (2552).
Roma - Novara
- Novara has scored 34 goals against Roma (all prior to 1957) - more than against any other Serie A opponent so far.
- In this clash, Roma lead by 12 wins to eight and the Giallorossi had the better in the reverse fixture at the Silvio Piola (2-0), their only meeting in recent years.
- Novara's only win at Roma's ground came in December 1940 (3-1), with the hosts winning on nine occasions.
- Roma have never scored more than a single goal in any of their last eight Serie A games.
- Novara have kept three clean sheets in a row, and have not conceded in six of their last eight Serie A games.
- Roma have scored in each of their home games in this Serie A campaign, while Novara have won just two games away from home (against Inter and Siena).
- Novara have scored just four goals in the first half - at least six fewer than any other side before the break.
- Roma are the most prolific side in the opening 15 minutes of play (11 goals); in the same period Novara are yet to score their first goal.
- Takayuki Morimoto has already scored four goals against Roma (more than against any other side), including his only brace in Serie A.
- Novara's Giuseppe Gemiti has attempted the most crosses this season (185).
Siena - Udinese
- Udinese have won eight of their 15 meetings against Siena in the top-flight, with the Tuscans winning three times, while four draws complete the record.
- In their seven previous meetings at the Franchi there is perfect balance: both sides have won twice, with three games drawn.
- Udinese have scored in each of their last 13 league games against Siena (an average of two goals per game).
- None of the last five games played at Siena's ground have ended in a draw: with three home wins and two victories for the guests.
- After three consecutive wins between the end of February and the beginning of March, Siena have taken just one point in two games since top- scorer Emanuele Calaiò was injured.
- Udinese have won just one of their last eight league games (3-1 at Bologna's ground), losing three times in the process.
- That win against Bologna was one of only three away wins for Udinese in this campaign, the other two being against Lecce (2-0) and Inter (1-0).
- Udinese have conceded the joint-fewest goals in the first half in this Serie A (just nine, alongside Juventus).