Serie A Opta Facts - 5-6 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Udinese v Sampdoria
- In their last eight league games, only once have Udinese scored fewer than two goals.
- Francesco Guidolin side are unbeaten in their last six matches.
- The last home defeat for the Bianconeri came against Juventus back in September; since then they have managed seven wins and two draws.
- 10 of Antonio Di Natale's 15 goals have been netted at the Friuli stadium.
- In the last six league encounters between these two sides, Udinese have never won; suffering three defeats and playing out as many draws.
- Sampdoria have failed to score in six of their last seven games.
- Six of Samp's last 10 goals had been netted by Giampaolo Pazzini, who is now at Inter.
- The Blucerchiati have won one and lost five of their last six Serie A away fixtures.
Cagliari v Juventus
- Since the appointment of Roberto Donadoni, Cagliari have not drawn a game; suffering four defeats and collecting seven wins.
- In their last five home games, Cagliari have won four and lost only against leaders Milan (0-1).
- Since 1999, Juventus have failed to score at the Sant'Elia just once; when they lost 0-2 in November 2009.
That November 2009 meeting was also the only home win for Cagliari in that period, losing three times and drawing twice.
- Juventus have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 Serie A matches.
- The Old Lady have collected just five points from a possible 21 in their last seven league fixtures.
- Since Fabio Quagliarella's injury in the first game of 2011, only one Juventus goal has been scored by a striker; Alessandro de Piero's direct free kick v Bari.
- Cagliari's Andrea Cossu has created the most chances for his team mates (68), with 10 of those leading to a goal.
Bologna v Catania
- Marco Di Vaio has scored five goals in Bologna's five league games in 2011.
- With 14 goals and two assists, Marco Di Vaio has been involved in 67% of Bologna's goals (24).
- The ex-Valencia striker has yet to miss a minute of action this term in Serie A.
- The Rossoblu have lost once in their last six league fixtures.
- Catania have won at the Dall'Ara stadium only once in the Italian top flight; 0-1 back in 1960.
- Since then the Sicilians have recorded seven defeats and one draw, scoring just three goals in the process.
- The last Catania away win came a year ago, when they beat Lazio 1-0 on 7th February 2010, 10 defeats and eight draws have followed.
- Catania have 12 Argentinean players in their squad plus their manager, Pablo Simeone.
Brescia v Bari
- Brescia have not won a game with Giuseppe Lachini as manager since September when they beat Roma 2-1.
- His first game back in charge was again against the Giallorossi, a game that Brescia won a point away from home after five straight defeats on their travels.
- The only two Brescia wins against Bari in 15 Serie A meetings both came in 2000/01, with six defeats and seven draws completing the head to head.
- Bari have collected just four points from their last 10 away league matches.
- Bari have taken the most penalties in Serie A so far (6).
- Taking only the first half scores in to consideration, Brescia would be fifth in the table.
- Only Lecce (24) have conceded more second half goals than Brescia (19).
- Brescia, along with Cesena, have scored the fewest second half goals (5).
Genoa v Milan
- Milan have conceded the fewest goals so far (18).
- Genoa have the worst conversion rate in Serie A with just 7.7% of their shots finding the back of the net.
- Genoa have failed to score in seven of their last 10 Serie A matches.
- Milan have won against the Grifoni at the Luigi Ferraris Stadium only once in their last 10 visits, but six of these have been draws.
- Milan have lost only their first away game of this season ; 0-2 v Cesena, but have since managed to win seven times and draw three.
- Since that game against Cesena, the Rossoneri have failed to score in Serie A only twice, both against Roman teams (0-1 v Roma & 0-0 v Lazio).
- Massimiliano Allegri's team have not conceded a goal in their last three Serie A games.
- Milan have attempted the most shots on target (144).
Lazio v Chievo
- The Biancazzurri have kept four clean sheets in their last six league games but have conceded five goals in the remaining two.
- Edy Reja's team have won four and lost one of their last five home fixtures.
- Chievo have lost only once at the Olimpico against the Biancazzurri in Serie A.
- Chievo are unbeaten in five games, playing in three draws and collecting two wins and conceding just one goal in the process.
- Chievo are one of the two teams who have drawn the most often this term, nine times.
- Chievo have conceded the fewest second half goals (6).
- Stefano Pioli's team have conceded just one headed goal, a Serie A low.
- The team from the capital have conceded just three goals in the first half an hour, only Milan have conceded fewer (2).
Lecce v Palermo
- Lecce have missed three of the four penalties awarded to them in Serie A this term.
- Palermo have taken the fewest penalties, just one.
- Lecce have conceded the most fouls in the league (431).
- Lecce have kept their first clean sheet in 25 Serie A away fixtures against Parma.
- Palermo have collected just two points in their last five league away matches.
- Palermo have won just one point in their previous three Serie A visits to Lecce.
- Lecce have scored two goals in five of the seven Serie A encounters with Palermo.
- Lecce are now unbeaten in five games, playing out two wins and three draws.
Napoli v Cesena
- Cesena are the only team yet to hit the woodwork this term in Serie A.
- Napoli have kept seven clean sheets in their last nine league games.
- At home Edinson Cavani & Co have dropped just two points in the last seven games (0-0 v Fiorentina) conceding just one goal in the process.
- Cesena have scored just three goals in their previous 11 visits to the San Paolo in the top flight.
- The last three games played in Napoli between these two sides have ended with the same score line; 1-0.
- Cesena have lost three and drawn three of their last six Serie A matches.
- Cesena have won once in their last 25 Serie A away games, this season at Brescia.
- In the first part of the season Napoli had failed to score just once, v Lazio. Since the winter break it has already happened twice, v Fiorentina and Chievo.
Parma v Fiorentina
- Fiorentina are one of the two Serie A teams, with Catania, not to have won an away game yet this season.
- Parma have conceded seven penalties so far, more than any other Serie A side.
- Six of the seven Fiorentina wins this season have been by one goal margin.
- The last Fiorentina away league win was at Napoli in March 2010, since then they have played in 10 defeats and six draws.
- This season the Viola have managed to score more than two goals in one game just once, 3-2 v Brescia.
- Parma have lost four and won one of their last five Serie A matches.
- Since 2004, Parma have won this fixture just twice, once at home, in April 2007.
- In the 12 home games played so far this season, Parma have only once conceded more than one goal and have kept a clean sheet in six of them.
Inter v Roma
- Roma have received the most red cards (6) while Inter are yet to finish with 10 men this season.
- Inter have won their last five home games netting 15 goals.
- The last time that the Nerazzurri kept a clean sheet at San Siro was back in October v Juventus (0-0).
- Roma have lost only once against Inter in Milan in their last eight league visits, winning twice and drawing five times.
- It has been a different story in the domestic cups, however, with Inter not losing since the Coppa Italia Final in 2007/08 - since then they've won three & drawn once (and a penalty shoot out win).
- Roma have won three times away from home this season - against Lazio in the derby; thanks to two penalties, against Cesena; thanks to an own goal, at the San Siro in their previous visit v Milan.
- Claudio Ranieri's men have not failed to score in their last 14 Serie A fixtures.
- Inter have gained the most points from losing positions (14).