Serie A OPTA Facts - Week 35
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta - Fiorentina
- Fiorentina lead by 40 wins to 25 against Atalanta in Serie A, with 32 draws.
- Only against Lazio (29) have Atalanta won more games than against Fiorentina in the top-flight.
- Atalanta have got the better of Fiorentina only once in their last 10 meetings against the Viola (2-1 in Bergamo in 2009/10).
- The Tuscans have scored on each of their last nine Serie A meetings against Atalanta (on average two goals per game).
- However, Atalanta have lost just once in their last nine home meetings against Fiorentina, winning four of these.
- Four of the last eight meetings between these two sides have ended 2-2.
- Stevan Jovetic has scored two goals in his last four Serie A appearances against Atalanta, including his first goal in this competition in April 2009.
- Atalanta have a record of three wins and three losses from their last six Serie A games.
- At home, Stefano Colantuono's side have won four of their last six games, losing once.
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in four games - away wins against AC Milan and Roma and home goalless draws against Palermo and Inter.
- The Viola have taken seven of the last nine points available away from home.
Bologna - Genoa
- These two sides have met 75 times in Serie A: Bologna are on target for their 30th win, while Genoa have got the better 19 times against the Felsinei so far.
- Genoa are unbeaten in their last three games against Bologna (two wins and a draw).
- There has only been one draw in the last five meetings at the Dall'Ara between these two sides in the league.
- Bologna are one of the two Italians sides against which Giuseppe Sculli has scored the most goals in Serie A (five), the other is AC Milan.
- Marco Di Vaio has already scored five goals against Genoa, four of which have come in his last six appearances against the Grifoni for Bologna.
- Bologna are unbeaten in their last four Serie A games, in light of three draws and a win.
- On Wednesday against Siena, Alessandro Diamanti converted the only shot on target attempted by his side in the whole game.
- Bologna have found the net in each of their last seven games played at the Dall'Ara.
- Genoa are winless in their last 13 league games, and have picked up only two points from their last 10 away fixtures.
Cagliari - Chievo
- Cagliari have won just three and lost five of their 13 previous meetings against Chievo in Serie A.
- Chievo have got the better in three of their last four meetings against the Sardinians.
- Chievo have never scored more than two goals against Cagliari in the top-flight.
- Against Chievo, Nenê scored one of his two braces in Serie A, back in February 2011.
- On that occasion the Rossoblu scored four goals, one less than the total of goals they had scored in the previous seven meetings against Chievo.
- Cyril Théréau has scored a goal in each of Chievo's last two league games against Cagliari, his favourite target in Serie A so far.
- Beating Catania on Tuesday, Cagliari ended a run of three winless games in this competition.
- At home, the Sardinians are unbeaten in four games (three wins and a draw), and have scored in each of their last seven fixtures (17 goals in the process).
- Chievo have failed to score in their last three games, from which they have picked up just one point.
- After a run of two wins and two draws away from home, Chievo lost their last game on the road against Atalanta.
Inter - Cesena
- Cesena have won only once against Inter in Serie A, in 1974/75 1-0 at the San Siro.
- Overall, Inter have beaten Cesena 15 times, drawing seven in this competition.
- Inter are on a run of five consecutive wins against Cesena in Serie A.
- Cesena last managed to keep a clean sheet against Inter in 1981 - since then they have conceded in 15 games in a row against the Nerazzurri (a total of 35 goals).
- Giampaolo Pazzini has netted three goals in three Serie A appearances against Cesena, two of which for Inter.
- Against Cesena, Andrea Ranocchia scored his first and so far only goal for Inter in Serie A.
- Adrian Mutu has scored just two goals against Inter in the league, only against Udinese and Lecce he has bagged fewer amongst the current Serie A teams.
- Inter have picked up 11 points from the five games played under Andrea Stramaccioni, scoring 12 goals and conceding eight.
- The Nerazzurri are unbeaten in their last four home games (two draws, followed by two wins).
- Losing to Juventus on Wednesday, Cesena were relegated to Serie B: they are winless in the last 16 Serie A fixtures, currently the longest run in this campaign.
- Cesena have scored just one goal in their last five games on the road.
- Diego Milito has been involved in eight of Inter's last 12 goals under Stramaccioni (six scored and two assisted).
Lecce - Parma
- Parma lead by 10 wins to two against Lecce in Serie A, with nine draws.
- However, Lecce are unbeaten in their last three games against the Ducali (two draws and a win).
- Lecce have won only once at home against Parma, in the first meeting at the Via del Mare between these two sides.
- The ensuing eight games at Lecce's ground have alternated between a draw and an away win.
- Lecce's last four goals against Parma have been scored all in the second half.
- Two of these goals were netted by David Di Michele, who has scored eight overall against Parma, more than against any other Italian opponent.
- Against his former team Parma, Valeri Bojinov netted one of his five Serie A braces, back in February 2006.
- In the reverse fixture, Sergio Floccari scored his first of his seven total goals for Parma in Serie A.
- Losing to Napoli on Wednesday, Lecce ended a six-game unbeaten run in the league (two wins and four draws).
- That was Lecce's first home defeat after eight unbeaten games at their ground.
- Parma have won three games in a row, conceding just one goal in the process.
Novara - Juventus
- Novara have won just two of their 25 previous meetings against Juventus in Serie A, the Old Lady have had the better 14 times so far.
- However, Novara have managed to draw three times in their last five meetings against Juve, losing the other two.
- The last two meetings in Novara, back in the Fifties, saw the hosts hold Juve to a draw.
- Novara got back to winning ways on Wednesday against Lazio, after five games without a win.
- At home, Novara are unbeaten in six league games (two wins and four draws), and have conceded just two goals in the process.
- Juve are on a run of seven consecutive wins in the league, and have conceded just one goal in the last eight.
- Over their last 10 games on the road, Antonio Conte's side have conceded just two goals.
- Novara remain the only Serie A side yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of play this season.
- They have also conceded 18 goals in the last 30 minutes of play, as many as Juve have shipped in the whole campaign.
- Against Lazio on Wednesday, Giuseppe Mascara scored his fourth goal of the season, all in the last 30 minutes of play, three of which have come as a sub.
Palermo - Catania
- This will be the 16th Sicilian derby in Serie A: Catania lead by six wins to four.
- Palermo have had the better just once in their last seven meetings against Catania, losing five times.
- Over these last seven derbies, Catania have always scored against the Rosanero, and have kept a clean sheet five times.
- In Palermo, Catania have won just once - 4-0 in March 2009, with the hosts having the better three times.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has scored just once in the Sicilian derby, in April 2008 (the winner in a 1-0 to Palermo).
- Palermo are winless in the last four match-days (two draws and as many losses, including that against Parma on Sunday).
- The Rosanero have taken just one of the last 15 points available at home.
- Catania have won just one of their last six league games, losing three times in the process.
- Vincenzo Montella's side have lost the last two away games, conceding three goals on both occasions.
- Palermo have already scored 14 headed goals in this campaign - more than any other side.
Roma - Napoli
- This will be the 130th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: the Giallorossi lead by 45 wins to 37.
- Only against Torino (50 times) have Napoli shared more draws than against Roma in Serie A (47).
- Roma won the reverse fixture at the San Paolo; previously, they had not beaten the Partenopei for three meetings.
- Napoli have won just one of their last nine games at the Olimpico against Roma, with the hosts having the better five times.
- Marek Hamsik has already scored five goals in Serie A against Roma - his favourite target with Juventus and Palermo.
- Together, Hamsik and Cavani have scored five of Napoli's last six goals against Roma in the league.
- Roma have conceded goals in each of their last six games (15 in total).
- Luis Enrique's side have not shared the points in their last 12 fixtures (five wins and seven losses).
- However, at home the Giallorossi have won five of their last seven games, losing the other two.
- After three consecutive defeats, Napoli have recorded back-to-back wins against Novara and Lecce (both by 2-0).
- Roma have already picked up 10 red cards - a league-joint most, including that shown to Osvaldo against Fiorentina on Sunday.
- Napoli have conceded the fewest fouls in this competition (411).
Siena - AC Milan
- AC Milan have won 12 of their 15 previous meetings against Siena in Serie A, losing just once in April 2005.
- The Rossoneri have won their last six games against Siena.
- Milan have failed to score just once against Siena, 0-0 in October 2006, while the Tuscans have failed to score only once at home against the Rossoneri.
- Siena are the team against which Zlatan Ibrahimovic has recorded the most wins in Serie A (10 out of 10); he has already scored four goals against the Tuscans.
- Alexandre Pato will miss out through injury - he had scored a brace in each of his two previous games played at Siena's ground.
- Siena have lost just once in the last six match-days, winning three times.
- AC Milan have scored in each of their last 12 league games, however they have found the net just once in each of their last five fixtures.
- The Rossoneri have won five of their last six games on the road, drawing the other.
- AC Milan have collected the most points away from home (36), three more than Juventus.
- Mattia Destro is the player with the most fouls conceded in this campaign (80).
Udinese - Lazio
- This will be the 66th Serie A meeting between these two sides: Lazio lead by 26 wins to 21, with 18 draws.
- Only against Atalanta (22), have Udinese won more games than against Lazio in Serie A.
- Lazio are the Italian team against which Udinese have scored the most goals in the top-flight (93).
- Udinese have scored in each of their last 10 meetings against Lazio in the league.
- However, the Friulani have beaten Lazio just once in their last five meetings in this competition.
- Three of the last four meetings at the Friuli have ended as draws, with the hosts winning the other 2-1.
- Only against Roma (11) has Antonio Di Natale scored more goals than he has done against Lazio (10) so far in Serie A.
- Udinese have won just one of their last nine league fixtures, while Lazio are winless in their last three games.
- The Biancocelesti have lost six of their last seven games on the road, including the last four.
- Over these last seven away games, Lazio have failed to keep a single clean sheet (17 goals conceded in total).
- Pablo Armero has already made 10 assists - only Miccoli (12) and Pirlo (11) have delivered more in this campaign.