Spanish La Liga Opta Facts: 11-12 April
Football facts to aid your betting from all the major leagues in Europe.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Barcelona v Recreativo
- Recreativo have been caught offside more than any other side (119).
- Barcelona have conceded the fewest penalties - two.
- Barcelona playmaker Xavi has supplied the most assists in the league - 15.
- Samuel Eto’o has scored 26 goals in 26 starts so far this season.
- Recreativo have scored just one goal in the opening 15 minutes.
- The team from Huelva have scored the fewest goals (27), whereas Barcelona have scored the most - 85.
- The Catalans have conceded the fewest goals - 24.
- Barcelona have scored in each of their last 17 home games; netting 60 goals.
- Recreativo have never won against Barcelona in the top flight.
- Recreativo have never scored at the Camp Nou; losing all four of their visits.
Villarreal v Malaga
- Malaga have conceded the most goals from outside the box - 11.
- Villarreal have won the most fouls - 579.
- Villarreal’s keeper Diego Lopez has made the most saves – 106.
- Malaga striker Nabil Baha has been substituted 21 times – more than any other player.
- Malaga are the best team from the penalty spot; converting all seven the spot kicks they have been awarded so far.
- Malaga have conceded the most headed goals (11).
- Villarreal have mustered 16 points from their last six home matches.
- Malaga won their first two visits at Villarreal in the top flight, both in 2001, but have scored just one goal since, managing one draw and suffering three defeats.
Deportivo v Atletico
- Atletico have given away the most penalties this season - nine.
- Diego Forlan has hit the woodwork more than any other player - eight times.
- Just 20% of goals conceded by Deportivo have come from set piece situations; a league low.
- Atletico have recorded double this figure; 40% of the goals that they have conceded have come from dead ball situations - 19 in total; no other team have shipped more.
- Depor have lost once in their last 10 league home matches.
- Last season, Deportivo lost this fixture at home after six consecutive wins at the Riazor against Atletico.
- Atletico have won one game in the last seven played away from home in the league.
- Atletico have shipped more goals (47) than bottom team Espanyol (46).
- The Colchoneros have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 league matches and have conceded 12 in their last five.
Mallorca v Almeria
- Almeria have received the most red cards – nine.
- Mallorca have the worst conversion rate in the league - 10%.
- Mallorca have scored just one goal from the penalty spot this season.
- Almeria’s Alvaro Negredo has scored nine goals in his last nine league matches.
- Almeria are the only side whose subs have not yet scored a goal this season.
- Mallorca are unbeaten at home in their last five league games, managing three wins and two draws.
- Mallorca are yet to record their first win against Almeria in the top flight, succumbing to one defeat and two draws so far.
- Almeria’s only away win of the season came on the very first matchday, since then they have managed just three draws and 10 defeats on the road.
Numancia v Espanyol
- Espanyol have conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes of games - 16.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s side have conceded exactly one goal in six of their last seven away league fixtures.
- Espanyol have attempted the fewest headed shots, 40.
- Espanyol defender Daniel Jarque has received the most yellow cards, 13.
- Numancia have attempted the most long passes in La Liga this season, 20% of their total.
- Espanyol boast the worst crossing accuracy in the top flight this season, as just 16% of their crosses have reached a team mate.
- All of Numancia’s 33 goals have been scored by Spanish players.
- Numancia have lost just once in their last four games.
Osasuna v Athletic
- Osasuna have shared the points on the most occasions this season, 11.
- The Pamplona side have scored the most headed goals, 12.
- Only Barcelona have conceded fewer first half goals (nine) than Osasuna (11).
- Camacho’s team have lost just once in their last 10 league matches.
- Uruguayan striker Walter Pandiani has scored eight goals in 16 apps.
- Athletic Bilbao have been awarded the most penalties this season (10) but have scored just six of them.
- Athletic have not kept a clean sheet in 2009.
- Osasuna are unbeaten in their last four home matches against Athletic, notching up two wins and two draws.
- The Basques have collected just one point from their last five away fixtures.
Racing v Betis
- Racing have won just once in their last eight home league matches.
- Racing have the lowest shooting accuracy in the Spanish top-flight - 39%.
- Nikola Zigic has scored four goals in his last four league games.
- Betis midfielder Achille Emana has supplied seven assists to his team mates so far this season.
- Betis’ last win in the league came in the derby against Sevilla two months ago.
- Betis have drawn six of their last seven league fixtures.
- The Sevilla side has conceded 10 goals in its last three away matches.
- Last season’s 3-0 defeat in Santander was their first in the fixture in ten years.
- Real Betis have a better away record than home – 18 of their 31 points this season have come on the road.
Real Madrid v Valladolid
- Real are unbeaten in their last 14 league matches, having won 13 and drawn one.
- Klaas Jan Huntelaar, has fired in eight goals in his last seven games.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals from outside the box – 14.
- The reigning champions have failed to score only twice so far this season, once against Barcelona and once in the reverse fixture against Valladolid.
- Real have scored in 22 consecutive games at the Bernabeu - the last team to keep a clean sheet there was Getafe in February 2008.
- Real Madrid have only ever lost three times at home to Valladolid, most recently in May 2000 (1-0) when “las merengues” failed to score against their Castilian neighbours at the Bernabeu for the first time.
- Real Valladolid have scored the most goals from set pieces this season - 20.
- Valladolid have won three of their last five away league fixtures.
- Real Madrid boast the best shooting accuracy in the league this season – 52%.
Sevilla v Getafe
- Getafe have missed four of the eight penalties that they have taken so far this term.
- Getafe have not won away from home in their last 11 league games on the road, drawing five and losing six.
- Getafe have mustered just three points from their last five league fixtures.
- Sevilla have taken the fewest penalties in the league, just two.
- Freddie Kanoute has netted 11 goals in his last eight league matches.
- Sevilla have kept the most clean sheets (14) in the league this season.
- Sevilla have scored the fewest goals from set piece situations in the league this season; just five - 12% of their total.
- Sevilla have taken 19 points from their last seven matches in the league.
- Getafe have never won in Seville in the top division and scored just one goal in four attempts.
- Getafe have scored 10 goals courtesy of substitutes this season - a league-high.
Sporting v Valencia
- Sporting have conceded the most league goals this season - 61.
- Sporting are the only side in La Liga yet to draw this season, having played in 18 defeats and 11 wins so far.
- The Asturians have attempted the fewest passes (8777).
- Sporting have conceded the most fouls, 563.
- Sporting have scored 61% of their goals in the first 45 minutes – a league-high.
- Valencia have netted 25 of their 52 goals in the last 30 minutes of matches.
- David Villa (21 goals so far in the league) has attempted the most shots in the competition, 90.
- Valencia have only won once in their last nine away league games, 1-0 at Racing.
- The last time these two teams shared the points in Gijon came in 1991 when the game ended 1-1.
- Sporting have conceded the most corners this season, 195.