Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 12-14 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atlético de Madrid - Valencia
- Atlético have won their last three league matches at home to Los Che.
- Valencia have scored just twice over their last six trips to the Vicente Calderón in La Liga.
- The Colchoneros are on a run of three straight league defeats, failing to score in each match.
- However they have kept six clean sheets in their last nine league home games.
- Atlético have not lost four straight league games within the same season since February 1999.
- The last time they failed to score in four consecutive league matches was in April 1995.
- Valencia have won six of their last eight league games, drawing the other two.
- Only Barcelona (18) have picked up more points in 2011 than Valencia (16), while only Hércules (three) have picked up fewer than Atlético (four).
Deportivo de la Coruña - Villarreal
- Deportivo have won three of their last four matches at home to Villarreal in the top flight.
- The last three league meetings between the sides have ended 1-0: once to Deportivo and twice to Villarreal.
- Depor have taken just one point from their last five league matches.
- However they have lost only one of their last seven at the Riazor.
- Villarreal have won only two of their last seven away games in the league, losing three of the last five.
- Deportivo have netted only seven first half goals in the league this season, the joint-low in Liga BBVA alongside Racing.
- Villarreal are the only side apart from Barcelona who have two players who have scored at least 10 goals in Liga BBVA this season (Rossi and Nilmar).
Espanyol - Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have won their last three league meetings with Espanyol by a score of 3-0.
- Los Periquitos have managed only one victory in their last 10 league meetings with Madrid.
- Real Madrid have scored more goals against Espanyol (329) than any other side in the history of the Spanish top flight.
- After winning their opening seven home games in Liga BBVA this season, Espanyol have lost two of the three since.
- Real Madrid have kept only one clean sheet in their last six league matches.
- The Merengues have won two and lost two of their last five away games in the league.
- Real Madrid are the only team to have won every match in which they have opened the scoring this season (15 times).
Hércules - Real Zaragoza
- Hércules have won only one of their last 11 meetings with Real Zaragoza in the top flight.
- Los Herculanos are without a win in five top-flight clashes at home to Zaragoza, drawing four.
- Hércules are on a run of four consecutive defeats in the league, failing to score in each match.
- They are the only side to have failed to score in four consecutive Liga BBVA games this season.
- Real Zaragoza picked up their first league away win of the season in their last match on the road (2-1 at Málaga).
- 10 of the Maños´ 23 points in the league this season have come in their last four matches, a run which has seen them rise from bottom to 12th in the table.
- Hércules are the lowest-scoring side in the second half of Liga BBVA matches this season (nine).
Levante - Almería
- Levante won their only previous meeting at home to Almería in the top flight, 3-0 in November 2007.
- The Granota also won their meeting with Almería earlier this season at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos.
- Levante have won their last two league matches: they have never won three in a row in the Spanish top flight.
- Almería have conceded exactly twice in their last three league matches: winning 3-2 twice and losing one game 0-2.
- The Rojiblancos have lost five of their last six league games away from home, including the last three in a row.
- Five of Almería last six league goals have come in the opening 18 minutes of matches.
Málaga - Getafe
- Málaga have won four of their last five league meetings with Getafe.
- The Boquerones have taken just two points from their last five league games.
- Málaga have picked only seven points at home in the league this season, at least five fewer than any other side.
- Málaga have conceded 47 goals in Liga BBVA this season, at least nine more than any other side.
- A win for Getafe in their last league match ended a run of five games in which they took just one point.
- El Geta have failed to score in five of their last seven away matches, though scored three goals in the other two.
- Málaga have lost five of the 11 matches in which they have scored first in the league this season.
Mallorca - Athletic de Bilbao
- Athletic are without a win in their last three league trips to Son Moix.
- A draw in their last match halted a run of three straight league defeats for Mallorca.
- The islanders shipped four goals in their last league match at home to Deportivo: as many as they had conceded in all their home games prior to this this season.
- Athletic Bilbao are on a run of four straight league wins, keeping a clean sheet in the last three.
- They are also unbeaten in their last three on the road, claiming seven points.
- Athletic Bilbao have netted nine goals in the opening 15 minutes of league matches this season, more than any other side.
Racing Santander - Sevilla
- Racing have won only one of their last 12 league games at home to the Nervionenses.
- The Sardinero has seen fewer goals (17) than any stadium in the Spanish top flight this season.
- Racing are unbeaten in their last seven league games at home, though the last three have all been draws.
- The Montañeses are currently on the longest winless run of any side in Liga BBVA (seven games).
- Sevilla have only lost one of their last six matches in Liga BBVA.
- Only two players (Rosenborg and Nahuelpán) have scored more than once for Racing in the league this season.
Real Sociedad - Osasuna
- Osasuna have won four of their last five league meetings with Real Sociedad.
- However the Basque side have won five of the last six at home to Osasuna in the top flight.
- No side has picked up fewer points on the road this season than Osasuna (two).
- Real Sociedad have not drawn in the league since the second matchday.
- The Txuri-urdin have scored in every home match this season in Liga BBVA.
- Osasuna have picked up all three points in only one of their last 10 league matches.
- The Rojillos have not opened the scoring in a single away match in the league this season.
- Real Sociedad have only conceded first in one home match in the league this season.
Sporting de Gijón - Barcelona
- Sporting de Gijón have taken just one point from their last 12 league clashes with the Blaugrana.
- Barcelona have won their last two games with the Rojiblancos by a score of 1-0.
- The Blaugrana have a goal difference of +32 away from home in Liga BBVA this season: the next best is Real Madrid with +4.
- A 0-3 defeat in their last match ended a run of three straight league wins for Sporting Gijón.
- Manolo Preciado´s side have kept a clean sheet in their last two league matches at El Molinón.
- Barcelona have won their last three league matches by a score of 3-0, and have won 10 of their last 11 Liga BBVA games by at least a three-goal margin.
- Pedro Rodríguez has scored in Barcelona´s last six matches away from home in the league.