Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 24-25 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Sevilla v Espanyol
- Sevilla have won their last three league encounters against Espanyol, netting eight goals in the process.
- These two sides met in the 2007 UEFA Cup final won by Sevilla (2-2 aet; 3-1 pen)
- Espanyol have won the most points after conceding the first goal (6).
- Sevilla have won their last five league home matches on the trot.
- Only leaders Barcelona (3) have conceded fewer goals than Sevilla (5).
- Last week's defeat against Deportivo was the first for Manolo Jimenez's team after five consecutive league wins.
- Espanyol have only won one of their last eight visits to the Sanchez Pizjuan in the top-flight - 2-3 in Sep 2007.
- Frederic Kanoute has scored five goals in his last six competitive appearances against Espanyol.
- After losing their first two games of the season, the Catalan side are unbeaten in their last five, collecting three wins and two draws.
Valladolid v Deportivo
- Valladolid have already been given five read cards this season.
- Four of the five Deportivo wins so far this season have been by the same score line - 1-0.
- Miguel Angel Lotina's team have won their last four league fixtures without conceding a goal.
- Valladolid have lost at home against Depor just twice in the top-flight - 0-1 in November 1998 and 0-1 in February 2003.
- Real Valladolid have won only once in their last 18 league matches.
- Valladolid have collected only four points from their last eight league games at home; losing four and drawing four.
Sporting v Real Madrid
- Madrid have scored an incredible 11 goals in their last two league meetings against Sporting. Four of these goals have been netted by Raul.
- 11 different players have found the net in La Liga for Real Madrid this season - a league-high.
- With 21 goals scored in their seven games so far, Real are the highest scoring side.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals courtesy of a substitute (5).
- Real Madrid have always won when have scored the first goal in the league this term.
- Real have won their last six league encounters with Sporting, conceding only two goals in the process.
- Sporting have lost just once in their last five Liga matches.
- Sporting have recorded the highest percentage of long balls played - 21% of their total passes.
- Sporting have conceded the most headed goals (5).
Getafe v Athletic
- Getafe have won four and lost one of their last five league games at home.
- Getafe have never lost at home to Athletic in the league.
- Athletic have scored more than one goal against Getafe in the league just once, when they won 2-0 at the San Mames in February 2007.
- Athletic have collected just one point from their last four matches.
- The Basque team have won just three away matches in 2009; these coming against Atletico, Numancia and Xerez.
- Six of the 11 goals conceded by Athletic have been netted after the 60th minute.
Atletico v Mallorca
- Mallorca have conceded the most fouls (135)
- Atletico have conceded the most goals (17).
- Of the 17 goals that Atletico have conceded, 12 have been shipped in the first 45 minutes.
- Mallorca have failed to score just once in their last 24 league matches.
- The team from the Balearic Islands have mustered just one point in the three away games so far this season.
- Atletico have failed to score just twice against Mallorca at home in the top-flight.
- Mallorca have lost just once in the last four visits to Atletico in the league - 0-2 last term.
Racing v Osasuna
- Five of the nine goals scored by Osasuna this term have been netted by Walter Pandiani.
- Osasuna have only won one of their last 13 league visits to El Sardinero.
- Racing have lost all three home league games played this season.
- Osasuna have won three of the last four league matches.
- Osasuna have the worst passing accuracy in the league (65%).
- Racing players have been caught offside the most times (31).
- Racing have conceded the most goals from set pieces (7).
Barcelona v Zaragoza
- Barcelona can boast the best shooting accuracy (45.5%) and conversion rate (21.5%).
- The Catalans have hit the woodwork more times than any other team (5).
- Pep Guardiola's team have scored the most headed goals (5).
- Zaragoza have attempted the most headed shots so far (26), scoring three times.
- Zaragoza have conceded the most corners (50).
- Barcelona have scored the most goals following a corner (5).
- The Catalans have not conceded a goal in five of their seven league games so far.
- The last time that Zaragoza won at the Camp Nou in the league was back in November 1965 (0-1).
- Both teams are very dangerous from dead ball situations, Barcelona have scored eight goals out of 17 from set pieces, Zaragoza six out of 10.
Almeria v Valencia
- Almeria have lost once in the last five league matches against Barcelona (0-1).
- Since December 2008 only the Catalan teams, Espanyol and Barcelona, have managed to leave the Estadio del Mediterraneo with three points.
- Valencia have never kept a clean sheet against Almería in the league.
- David Villa is still the top scorer in La Liga and has attempted the most shots on target (15).
- Davd Villa has scored three goals in his three appearances against Almeria.
- Almeria have allowed their opponents the most shots this season (43).
- Valencia have kept two clean sheets in the last two games, this after conceding nine goals in their previous four games.
- Valencia have won once in the last five league matches.
- Valencia are the only team to have scored all of their goals in open play goals so far.
Tenerife v Xerez
- Tenerife have lost three consecutive matches, currently the longest run in la Liga.
- These two teams have scored the fewest goals in the Primera division - four (Tenerife) and three (Xerez) respectively.
- Of the three goals scored by Xerez, two have come from set piece situations.
- Last season in Segunda Division, the head to head record between these two sides were even with Xerez winning 2-0 at home and losing 0-2 in Tenerife.
- Xerez have yet to score away from home this season in the top flight.
Villarreal v Malaga
- Villarreal have dropped more points than any other side after scoring the first goal (7).
- Villarreal are the only team yet to win a game this season, collecting three draws and suffering four defeats.
- Villarreal have been the most fouled side in La Liga (140).
- The balance at El Madrigal in the top league between these two sides is even, collecting three wins each and playing out one draw.
- Malaga won their match on the opening day of the season, but have not won since - suffering five defeats and drawing once.
- Villarreal have scored five goals, only newly-promoted sidesTenerife and Xerez have scored fewer.