Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 26-27 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Real Madrid v Tenerife
- Real won their last five consecutive games against Tenerife before their relegation in 2001/02.
- Tenerife have never won at the Bernabeu in their previous 12 visits in the top flight - Real have won nine times and three games have ended in a draw.
- Real have averaged 3.6 goals in their last three meetings with Tenerife at home.
- After losing their last five fixtures of the 2008/09 campaign, Real have started this season with four successive wins in the first four match-days.
- Tenerife have lost their previous two away fixtures without scoring a single goal so far this season.
- Real have not conceded in their last three games.
Athletic v Sevilla
- Ten of the last 11 meetings between these two sides have been won by Sevilla.
- Athletic have won four of their last five home matches - a record arching over this and last season.
- Each of the last three away games played by Sevilla have ended with the same scoreline - 2-0 (two wins and one defeat for Manolo Jimenez's team).
- Sevilla kept 18 clean sheets last campaign and have already recorded two in the current season.
- Athletic have shared the points only once in their last 18 Liga fixtures.
Malaga v Barcelona
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last seven La Liga meetings with Malaga (six wins and one draw).
- Malaga have managed only one win in their last 15 games against the Blaugrana in the top flight.
- Malaga have won only two of their last nine fixtures at home between this and last season.
- Pep Guardiola's side have scored in each of their last 19 games away from home in the league.
- After winning 3-0 on the opening day against Atletico, Malaga have lost their last three games.
- Barcelona have scored the most goals (14) and hit the woodwork the most times (6).
Valencia v Atletico
- Valencia have won each of their last three meetings at home against Atletico, all with by same scoreline - 3-1.
- Atletico have scored one goal in each of their last five visits at the Mestalla in the league, which has seen them lose on three occasions and draw twice.
- Valencia are on a run of eight unbeaten games at home in the league (five wins and three draws).
- Atletico have two defeats to their name away from home so far this season, conceding eight goals in these games.
- Atletico and newly-promoted Xerez have conceded the most goals (11).
- David Villa has scored five goals and has attempted the most shots on target (11).
Osasuna v Sporting
- Sporting have won three of the last four league meetings against Osasuna.
- The Asturians had the better against Osasuna in both fixtures last season, winning with the same scoreline twice -2-1.
- Osasuna have managed only one win in their last six games at home in La Liga - three defeats and two draws complete the record.
- Sporting have picked up only four points from their last seven games on the road.
- Walter Pandiani has scored three of the four goals netted by Osasuna in la Liga thus far.
- Osasuna have attempted the fewest shots on target (11).
Espanyol v Xerez
- This will be the first ever meeting between Espanyol and Xerez in the top flight.
- Espanyol have won seven and lost once - against Real Madrid - in the last seven home games.
- Xerez have lost their four games so far and failed to score a single goal.
- Espanyol ended last season with eight clean sheets from their final nine games, but have not kept one in their first four games of this campaign.
- Only Real Madrid and Barcelona can boast a better passing accuracy than Xerez.
- Espanyol have managed the lowest percentage of passes in the opposition half (52%).
Mallorca v Real Valladolid
- Mallorca have beaten Valladolid in seven of the last nine meetings in La Liga, compared to only one win for Valladolid in this period.
- Valladolid's last win in Mallorca came back in November 1987 - since then, Mallorca are unbeaten at home with six wins (including five successive wins most recently) and six draws against the Pucelanos.
- Mallorca have won seven of their last eight home fixtures in La Liga, losing only once against Villarreal.
- Last Sunday's win in Zaragoza ended Valladolid's seven game winless run away from home.
- Six of Mallorca's seven goals have been scored in the second half.
- In 2009, Valladolid have scored more than two goals on only one occasion; back in March against Recreativo.
Almeria v Racing
- This will be the fifth meeting between these two sides in the top flight - Racing won the first two, but Almeria remained unbeaten last season thanks to a win away and draw at home.
- Almeria have managed five wins in their last seven games at home in La Liga.
- Racing have picked up seven points from their last three games on the road (two wins and one draw).
- Almeria's keeper Diego Alves has made the most saves (21).
- Racing have attempted the fewest shots (24).
- Almeria have scored three goals in their last two games, this after failing to score in their previous five.
Real Zaragoza v Getafe
- The last three games between Zaragoza and Getafe in the top flight have all ended in a draw.
- This will be the ninth meeting between these two sides in the top flight - Getafe lead by three wins to two so far, three draws.
- Zaragoza have won three and lost one of their last five games at home.
- Getafe have one win and one defeat from their first two away games of this campaign.
- Getafe have kept one clean sheet in their last 18 league games played away from home.
Deportivo v Villarreal
- The last six meetings between these two sides in the top flight have resulted in three wins apiece.
- Deportivo have scored eight goals in four games but still lost two of those matches
- Depor have lost once in their last six home league fixtures - their last defeat at home coming in their last game against Espanyol.
- Villarreal have never scored more than two goals at the Riazor in the league.
- Villarreal are still winless this season, suffering two defeats and gaining only two points so far.
- Villarreal have kept only one clean sheet in 17 away matches in the league.