Spanish La Liga Primera Opta Facts 5-6 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic Bilbao v Valencia
- Last May's defeat was Athletic's first against Valencia after four consecutive wins in the league.
- Valencia have had the better of Athletic only once in their last 11 trips to the San Mamés (a 3-0 win in April 2006); drawing four and losing six (including the last three).
- The Basque side are unbeaten in the last four match-days, managing three wins and one draw in this period.
- Valencia are on an eight-game unbeaten run (five wins and three draws).
- David Villa & co. have also won their last four away fixtures of the campaign; if they beat Athletic on Sunday this would be the first time they have managed five consecutive away wins in the top flight.
- David Villa has bagged three goals in his last three league games and is the current top-scorer in La Liga with 10 goals.
Deportivo v Barcelona
- Deportivo have managed only one win in their last 11 league meetings with Barcelona - with seven wins going to the Blaugrana and three draws, including one in the last meeting.
- However, in La Coruña the hosts are unbeaten in their last four encounters with Barca (three draws and one win).
- Miguel Ángel Lotina's side have managed 10 points from their last four fixtures, and are on a run of three consecutive wins in La Liga.
- At the Riazor, Depor have picked up ten points from their last four fixtures, conceding only two goals in the process.
Espanyol v Racing
- Last April's 1-0 win ended a run of seven consecutive games without a single win for Espanyol against Racing in La Liga.
- Espanyol are on a run of three consecutive defeats in La Liga, and have not scored a single goal in the process.
- The Catalonians have won only once in the last eight match-days of La Liga, failing to score on six occasions.
- Racing have lost their last four consecutive league fixtures, without scoring a single goal.
- Miguel Ángel Portugal's side are without a win in their last nine league games, and managed only one win so far this term.
Malaga v Osasuna
- Malaga had the better of Osasuna in both fixtures last season, scoring seven goals in total.
- The team from Andalusia has won on five of the last seven occasions that they have hosted Osasuna in the league.
- Juan Ramón Muñiz's side are without a win since the opening day of the campaign, and are on a run of three consecutive draws.
- At home, Malaga have picked up only one point in five games this season.
Mallorca v Real Zaragoza
- Mallorca have picked up two wins and a draw in the last three league meetings with Real Zaragoza.
- Mallorca have beaten Real Zaragoza on the last three occasions that this fixture has been played in the Balearic Islands.
- Mallorca have already won six fixtures in the first 12 match-days of this campaign, but are yet to manage two wins in a row.
- In fact they have picked up all three points in all six of their home games in the current campaign, conceding only two goals in the process.
- Real Zaragoza have managed only one win in their last seven league games.
- Away from home, Marcelino García Toral's side are without a win in 20 league games.
Real Madrid v Almeria
- Last Sunday's defeat in the "Clasico" ended a run of three consecutive wins for Real, and cost them the leadership of La Liga.
- These two sides have met only eight times in the top flight - five wins going to the Merengues and only one to Almeria so far.
- Real have always beaten Almeria at the Bernabeu, scoring on average 3.5 goals per game.
- Manuel Pellegrini's side have won each of their six home fixtures this season in the league, and have kept a clean sheet in four of these.
- Almeria have lost four of their last five league fixtures - a win against Osasuna completes this record.
Sevilla v Real Valladolid
- Sevilla and Real Valladolid have an even record against each other recently, with two wins for either side and three draws.
- At home however, Sevilla have beaten Valladolid in four of their last five meetings, sharing the points only once.
- Sevilla are unbeaten in the last five match-days (three wins), but have been held to a draw on two of the last three at home.
- Real Valladolid have drawn three of their last four league fixtures, and have won only once in the last nine match-days of this campaign.
- Away from home, José Luis Mendilibar's side have picked up only one point from their last four games.
Tenerife v Sporting
- Tenerife have won six of their last seven league meetings with Sporting; however, these two sides last met in 1997/98, before their respective relegations to second division.
- Tenerife have beaten Sporting at home in their last five meetings at the Heliodoro Rodríguez López, conceding only one goal overall.
- The team from the Canary Islands has only one win from the last eight match-days, and has conceded more than one goal in each of the last four.
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last seven league games (four wins and three draws).
Villarreal v Getafe
- These two sides have met 10 times so far in the top flight: seven wins have gone to Villarreal, but just one to Getafe.
- Last December's 3-3 draw ended a run of four consecutive wins for Villarreal at their home ground against Getafe in the league.
- Villarreal have picked up three wins and three draws in the last six match-days of La Liga.
- At home, Ernesto Valverde's side have won their last three consecutive league games.
- The 2-0 win at Espanyol ended a run of four consecutive defeats on the road for Getafe.
- Getafe Striker, Roberto Soldado, has already scored two hat-tricks this term, one on the opening day of the season, one last time out.
Xerez v Atletico Madrid
- This will be the first-ever meeting between the two sides in the top flight.
- The 4-0 win against Espanyol last Sunday was the first for Atletico after four defeats and one draw.
- Away from home Los Colchoneros have picked up only one point from six games.
- Striker Sergio Aguero has scored six goals in his last five games (La Liga and Champions League), and has also attempted the most dribbles this season (63).
- Atletico are the only side in La Liga yet to score with a header this season.