SPL Opta Facts - 15 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Dundee United
- Aberdeen have scored 38% of their goals from headers this season, a higher percentage than any other side in SPL.
- The Dons have only won one of the last 10 SPL meetings against United, losing five and drawing four.
- 13 of the last 16 goals Dundee United have scored against Aberdeen have been netted in the first half.
- United are unbeaten in their last five trips to Pittodrie in the SPL, winning two and drawing three.
- Dundee United have scored the highest percentage of goals from set pieces of any team in SPL (43%).
- Aberdeen have hit the woodwork six times in the SPL this season, more often than any other team.
- The Dons have scored with just nine per cent of their shots, the lowest conversion rate in the SPL.
- Aberdeen haven't won back to back SPL games since February, winning just four of 22 games in that run.
- United have only won one of their last eight SPL matches.
Dunfermline v Hearts
- Dunfermline have scored a higher percentage of goals in the second half of games than any other side in SPL (73%).
- Athletic have conceded more penalties (3) than any other team in the SPL this season.
- Dunfermline have allowed their opponents 50 shots on target against them, more than any other team.
- Dunfermline have taken just one point from the last 15 available and have shipped 17 goals in their last five SPL games.
- The Pars have won none of the last eight matches in the SPL against Hearts, losing six of them.
- Hearts have lost just one of their last seven SPL matches.
- In Dunfermline's last eight matches, seven different players have scored two or more goals in a match.
Hibernian v Motherwell
- Hibernian have dropped more points from winning positions (7) than any other team in the SPL this season.
- Motherwell have scored with 23% of their shots at goal, the highest conversion rate in the SPL.
- Hibs & Motherwell have already met once this season, in the League Cup, with the match ending 2-2 and Hibs winning 7-6 on penalties.
- Garry O'Connor has scored seven goals in his last 10 SPL matches and scored both of Hibs goals in the League Cup tie at Fir Park.
- Jamie Murphy has scored in three of the last five meetings between Motherwell and Hibernian.
- Hibs have only won three of their last 20 SPL matches.
- The Hibees have only kept three clean sheets in their last 21 SPL matches.
Kilmarnock v Celtic
- Kilmarnock have conceded more headed goals (5) than any other team in the SPL, accounting for a division joint-high 33% of all goals shipped.
- Celtic have conceded a higher percentage of second half goals than any other side in SPL this season (75%).
- Celtic have allowed their opponents just 21 shots on target against them, fewer than any other team in the SPL.
- Kilmarnock have been caught offside fewer times than any other team (15).
- Kilmarnock have committed fewer fouls than any other team in the SPL (82).
- Killie have won just two of their last 18 SPL matches and lost the last three in a row.
- Celtic have been shown a card for every 16 fouls committed in the SPL this season, more fouls per card than any other side in the division.
- Kilmarnock have only won three of 46 SPL games against Celtic and just one of the last 34, losing 30 of the other 33 games.
- Celtic have only ever lost three SPL away games in a row twice before in the SPL, the last time being in April 2000.
- Celtic haven't gone two SPL games without scoring since May 2009 and only eight times in the history of the SPL.
Rangers v St Mirren
- Rangers have scored more headed goals (6) than any other team in the SPL.
- St Mirren are the only team in the SPL yet to concede a headed goal.
- Rangers have yet to concede a second half goal in the SPL this season.
- St Mirren have been shown a card for every five fouls committed, fewer fouls per card than any other SPL club.
- Steven Davis leads the SPL with eight goal assists already this season.
- Allan McGregor has the best save % of any 'keeper in the SPL, keeping out 87% of all shots on target faced.
- St Mirren haven't lost back to back SPL matches since May.
- Rangers have won seven and drawn one of the eight SPL games with St Mirren at Ibrox, though The Buddies have scored one goal in six of those eight games.
- Rangers have won 13 and lost just one of their last 16 home games in the SPL.
- Rangers are unbeaten in their last 20 SPL games, winning 18 of those.
- Steven Naismith has scored nine goals in his last nine SPL appearances.
St Johnstone v Inverness CT
- Caley Thistle have scored just 10% of their goals from set plays, the lowest percentage in the SPL.
- St Johnstone have conceded 60% of their goals from set plays, a higher proportion than any other team.
- St Johnston have lost just one of their last seven SPL matches, wining four in that run.
- Cillian Sheridan has scored in his last three SPL appearances.
- Caley Thistle have won just two and lost six of their last 10 SPL games and taken just one point from the last 15 available away from home.
- Gregory Tade has scored three goals in his last five SPL matches.
- Half of the goals Inverness have scored this season have been netted in the final 15 minutes of matches.