SPL Opta facts: 21-23 December
St Mirren V Motherwell
- Motherwell have got off to flying starts more often than any other side this season. They have scored a league-high seven goals before the clock ticks past 15 minutes.
- St Mirren however, are the worst starters to games when it comes to the score sheet, they are yet to register a goal before the 30-minute mark.
- Motherwell have gained 12 points after finding themselves in losing positions this season, a division high in the SPL.
- Motherwell are currently enjoying a three-match winning streak and are unbeaten in six, the SPL's longest run without a loss at present.
- The Buddies have lost one of their last four (W1 D2) but that win is the only three-pointer they have managed in 10 matches (W1 D2 L7).
Aberdeen V St Johnstone
- St Johnstone are yet to win an away game that they have fallen behind in this season (W0 D2 L2).
- Aberdeen have lost their last three matches, currently the longest losing run in the SPL. They have failed to score in their last two.
- St Johnstone have one win in eight matches, though they have lost only two in that run having drawn five, including the last two.
- None of the last 10 SPL meetings between Aberdeen and St Johnstone have ended in home wins (six away wins, four draws).
- Aberdeen have failed to score in each of their last four at home to the Saints, though the last two have both ended goalless.
Celtic V Ross County
- The Hoops' defence is the strongest in the SPL this season having conceded 14 goals in total. 86% of those goals have come after half-time.
- Ross County are the most vulnerable team when it comes to conceding late on. They have shipped nine in the 76th minute or later.
- Those nine goals have contributed towards County losing 13 points from winning positions this season, the most in the SPL.
- Ross County are on a winless streak that has stretched to six matches and should fail to beat the Glasgow giants they would equal the longest run without a victory in the SPL this season.
- Celtic have won each of their last three matches, keeping clean sheets in two of them.
Inverness CT V Dundee
- Caley Thistle are the division's top scorers with 38 goals, including a division-high 13 in the last 15 minutes of matches so far. They are the only side to score in every match this season.
- On the contrary, Dundee are the worst attacking force in the league this season, they have netted just 11 times so far, seven fewer than the next modest record in the SPL.
- 73% of Dundee's goals have came in the opening period. They have only scored three times in the second half of games this season.
- Whilst Inverness boast the best attack in the SPL this season, they also hold the unwanted tag of having the leakiest rearguard. They have conceded 32 goals this season.
- Dundee have lost all 11 matches that they have fallen behind in this season.
Kilmarnock V Hibernian
- Hibernian have netted eight goals with shots from outside the 18-yard area this season, a joint-high in the division (alongside Celtic and Ross County).
- Kilmarnock have scored seven goals between half-time and the hour mark, more than any other team in the SPL.
- Hibs have lost four of their last five matches (W1), conceding exactly three goals in three of them.
- Killy have lost four of their last five league matches at home. Two of those losses ended 2-1 and the other two ended 3-1.
- Hibs have won three of the last four clashes between these sides in all comps (L1), including a 2-1 success in September.
Hearts V Dundee Utd
- Dundee Utd have suffered the least when it comes to late goals this term. They've let only two slip by them after the 75-minute mark.
- In the nine league matches that Hearts have gone ahead in, they have not been defeated (W5 D4 L0).
- Two of the last three meetings between these sides have ended in draws. A home side has not triumphed in this fixture since November 2011, since then there have been two away wins (one for each side) and two draws.
- In Hearts' last three matches, 10 goals have been scored. They have one won, lost one and drawn the other in that period.
- 26 goals have been scored in the Tangerines' last six matches, who have had an equal share of two wins, two draws and two losses in that period.