SPL Opta Facts – 23rd - 24th January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Kilmarnock
- Kilmarnock have enjoyed just one victory in their last 10 SPL meetings with Aberdeen.
- The Dons have managed just two goals in total in their last five SPL games.
- Kilmarnock (12) and Aberdeen (13) are the two lowest scoring SPL teams this season.
- Killie are the weakest side on the road in the SPL this season, picking up just five points from nine games.
- Aberdeen have picked up a league-high seven red cards so far this season.
Hibernian v Hamilton
- Hamilton have enjoyed just one win in their last 17 meetings with Hibs (in all competitions), although that win did come this season in the league (2-0).
- The Hibees have won just one of their last five league fixtures.
- The Accies have failed to find the net in each of their last three SPL games.
- Former Arsenal striker Anthony Stokes has netted all of the Hibees last seven league goals.
- Hamilton Academical are the only SPL side yet to score a goal from outside the box.
Motherwell v St Mirren
- The last three meetings between the two sides in all competitions have produced a total of 13 goals.
- The Steelmen have enjoyed just one victory in their last seven clashes with St Mirren (all comps).
- Motherwell's win last weekend against Kilmarnock was their first SPL victory in nine games.
- St Mirren's last four league games have all ended in a 1-0 scoreline (two wins, two defeats).
- Only Kilmarnock (five) have picked up fewer points on the road this season than St Mirren (six).
Rangers v Hearts
- Hearts have enjoyed only one victory over Rangers in the last eight meetings between the two sides (in all competitions).
- Rangers have won seven of their last eight SPL fixtures, netting an average of 3.5 goals per game in the process.
- Hearts are unbeaten in their last six SPL games, winning four and drawing two.
- Hearts' Michael Stewart has bagged four goals in his last five SPL games.
- Rangers remain the top scorers in the division (48) while they are also the most clinical, putting away a league-high 20% of their chances.
Falkirk v Dundee Utd
- Falkirk have managed just one goal in total in their last five meetings with Dundee United.
- Dundee United have won three and drawn two of their last five meetings with Falkirk.
- Bottom side Falkirk have managed just one home win all season in the SPL. Every other side has chalked up at least two home victories.
- The Terrors have failed to find the net in four of their last seven SPL fixtures, netting just one goal in each of the other three games.
- United have conceded a division-high 303 fouls this season.
St Johnstone v Celtic
- Celtic have won 12 and drawn one of their last 13 meetings with St Johnstone (in all competitions).
- The Bhoys have enjoyed just one victory in their last four SPL games.
- Celtic have conceded two goals or more in five of their last six SPL away matches.
- The Saints have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 league fixtures.
- St Johnstone are the only SPL side yet to be awarded a penalty this season,
- Celtic have been the most accurate side in the division in terms of shooting, hitting the target with 52% of their efforts.