SPL Opta Facts - 26 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Falkirk v Kilmarnock
- Falkirk have won only once in their previous six meetings with Kilmarnock.
- Kevin Kyle has scored four goals in his last two appearances against Falkirk, including a hat-trick in their meeting in April earlier this year.
- The last three meetings between these two sides in Falkirk have ended level.
- Both Kilmarnock and Falkirk have failed to score in their last two matches.
- The Bairns have hit the back of the net only three times in their five league matches so far - no side has scored fewer.
- Falkirk have taken fewer points (2) than any other SPL side so far this term.
Hearts v Hamilton
- Hearts have won 18 of their last 19 games in all competitions against Hamilton, but they lost in their last meeting - 2-0 in January 2009.
- These two sides have not drawn a game with one another since 1979/80 (0-0) - 21 games ago.
- The winning side has kept a clean sheet in six of their last seven meetings in all competitions.
- Hearts' five league goals this season have all been scored by a different player.
- Hearts have only been able to win once in their five league games so far this season.
- Hamilton have failed to score in three of their five league games so far this term.
Motherwell v Hibernian
- The away side have not lost in this fixture in four attempts, winning on three occasions -
- Motherwell's previous home game against Hibs ended in a 4-1 defeat - their heaviest in the SPL last season.
- Motherwell have won only two of their last ten home games with Hibernian.
- Derek Riordan has scored in each of his last two appearances against Motherwell.
- Motherwell are the only side, other than Rangers and Celtic, yet to lose in the SPL this term.
- Hibs have not drawn a game in the SPL this season - the only side yet to do so.
Motherwell have only found the net once in their last three league matches.
Rangers v Aberdeen
- Aberdeen have won only once in their last eight encounters against Rangers.
- Rangers have conceded only one goal in their last three meetings with Aberdeen.
- The Gers have won six straight league matches at home to the Dons, whose last league victory at Ibrox came in 1991/92.
- Rangers have been given a red card in three of their last four league matches and the last league meeting between these two sides saw two red cards.
- Aberdeen have kept four consecutive clean sheets in the SPL and are yet to concede on the road this season.
- The Gers have failed to score in two SPL games, they have never failed to score in three consecutive SPL matches.
St Johnstone v Dundee United
- Dundee United have won four of their last five league games against St Johnstone, drawing the other.
- St Johnstone have been defeated in each of their last three league meetings against Dundee United at home.
- However their last meeting, in the League Cup in 2006/07, ended in a 3-0 home win for the Saints.
- Only two of the last 17 meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- The Saints have scored in four of their five SPL matches this season - Hearts have also achieved this as have Celtic (all five).
- St Johnstone have been given more yellow cards than any other side (16).
St Mirren v Celtic
- Celtic's 7-0 victory over St Mirren last season was the biggest seen in the SPL in 2008/09.
- Celtic have lost only once in their last 25 meetings with St Mirren, this coming in their last encounter - 1-0 in an FA Cup tie in March.
- Celtic (12) have scored more goals than any other SPL side this season and are the only side to have scored in every match.
- St Mirren have conceded exactly one goal in their last three league matches.
- Stephen McGinn has scored three of St Mirren's four league goals so far this term.
- The Hoops have conceded twice in their last three SPL games - both goals came in the first six minutes.