SPL Opta Facts - 29 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hamilton v Aberdeen
- Paul Hartley scored a hat-trick of penalties when the two sides met at Pittodrie earlier in the season.
- Aberdeen have won on 10 of their last 12 trips to Hamilton in all competitions.
- Hamilton have not played a league game in over a month, with their last SPL fixture being played on the 27th November.
- Hamilton have managed just one goal in their last five SPL fixtures.
- Aberdeen's Boxing Day victory over Hibs saw them end a run of seven successive league defeats.
- The Dons scored more goals in their last match against Hibs (2) than they had managed in their previous six games put together (1).
- This will be the fourth successive away game that Aberdeen have played in the SPL.
- Aberdeen have lost more SPL games in 2010 than any other side (23).
Hibernian v Dundee United
- United have won five and lost just one of their last eight league clashes with Hibernian.
- Hibs have won just one of their last five games at home to the Terrors.
- Hibs have picked up only one point from their last four league matches.
- The Cabbage have won only two of their last 12 home matches in the SPL.
- Dundee United have scored exactly one goal in each of their last seven league games.
- The Terrors have lost just twice on the road in the SPL since the start of March (12 games).
- Only Aberdeen (23) have lost more games in 2010 in the SPL than Hibs (21).
Celtic v Motherwell
- Celtic have won eight and lost none their last 10 league meetings with Motherwell.
- The Steelmen have scored just six goals in 21 SPL matches at Celtic Park.
- Celtic have lost six matches in 2010 in the SPL, more than in both 2009 (5) and 2008 (4).
- The Hoops have conceded only two goals in their last seven home league matches against Motherwell.
- Motherwell have been able to collect just one point in their last four SPL matches.
- Motherwell have won just two of their 44 SPL away games against either Rangers or Celtic.
Inverness CT v Kilmarnock
- Caley Thistle have won six of their last eight matches against Kilmarnock in all competitions.
- Inverness have won their last five games at home to Killie in all competitions.
- Caley Thistle have not won any of their last four league games; drawing three and losing once.
- Inverness have won just two of their last 12 SPL games at home.
- Kilmarnock have lost only once in their last eight league games since defeat by Caley Thistle in October; picking up five wins in this run.
St Johnstone v Rangers
- St Johnstone won their last league match at home to the Gers, inflicting their biggest league defeat since August 2000.
- Only Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts have won more often at home to Rangers in the SPL than St Johnstone (three wins in nine meetings).
- Rangers have been defeated in just three SPL games in 2010, fewer than any other side.
- Should this game be played, St Johnstone will host an SPL game for the first time since 13th November.
- St Johnstone have lost three successive home league games without scoring.
St Mirren v Hearts
- Hearts have won only once in their last four trips to St Mirren's ground in the SPL.
- However the Buddies have won only one of their last nine SPL clashes with the Jambos.
- St Mirren have won just one of their last seven league games at home, and none of their last four at St Mirren Park.
- The Buddies have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 SPL matches.
- Hearts are unbeaten in seven league games, winning six of those during this run.
- The Jambos have won five successive away games in the SPL and seven of their last eight.