SPL Opta Facts - August 13-14
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Celtic v Dundee United
- United have won just one of their last 41 league meetings with Celtic.
- Celtic have never lost at home to the Terrors in the SPL, winning 18 of 24 games.
- Six of the last 10 league clashes between the sides at Parkhead have ended in a draw.
- United have scored exactly once in their last four meetings with the Bhoys.
- Gary Hooper scored four goals in four meetings with the Tangerines last season.
- Celtic have won their opening three games in each of the last two SPL seasons.
- The Bhoys have kept five consecutive clean sheets in the Scottish Premier League.
- Celtic have won their last 10 league games at home.
- Dundee United are unbeaten in four SPL matches.
Hearts v Aberdeen
- The Dons have failed to score in their last four league meetings with Hearts.
- However, Aberdeen have only failed to score on one of their last seven trips to Tynecastle in the SPL.
- Darren Mackie has scored in his last three appearances at Hearts' Tynecastle ground.
- Hearts have found the net just once in their opening three league matches for the first time ever in the SPL.
- Not since 1999 have Aberdeen failed to score in their opening four SPL games.
- Hearts are without a win in 11 league games, the longest current run in the competition.
- The Jambos have taken just one point from the last 18 available in the SPL.
- Aberdeen have won only two of their last 15 league games.
- The Dons have failed to score in five of their last six SPL matches.
Inverness CT v Rangers
- Rangers have won only one of their last four SPL meetings with Caley Thistle.
- Neither side has scored more than once in any of the last four meetings between Inverness and Rangers.
- Caley Thistle have only beaten Rangers once at home in the SPL (eight meetings).
- Rangers have scored just three goals so far this season, they have never scored fewer after two SPL games.
- Inverness have lost only one of their last six league games at home.
- Rangers are on a run of eight consecutive away wins in the SPL.
- In this period they have shipped just one goal on the road.
- The Gers are the only side to have ever conceded just one goal over a period of eight SPL matches.
Kilmarnock v Hibernian
- The last three meetings between Killie and Hibernian have ended 2-1 to the home side.
- Hibs have had a man sent off in their last two meetings with Kilmarnock.
- Kilmarnock have won only one of their last seven league meetings with Hibernian.
- However, Killie have lost just one of their last 11 SPL matches at home to Hibs.
- This is only the second time that Hibs have scored under two goals in their opening two games in the SPL.
- Killie are without a win in their last 10 SPL games.
- This includes six league games at home without a win for Kilmarnock.
- Hibs have failed to score more than once in any of their last 10 league matches.
St Johnstone v Dunfermline
- The Saints have never beaten Dunfermline in the SPL (11 meetings).
- St Johnstone have scored just one goal in their last six SPL clashes with Dunfermline combined.
- However, in all league meetings the Saints are unbeaten in three with the Pars (includes Scottish Division One).
- St Johnstone have failed to score in six of their last seven games at home to Dunfermline in the league.
- The Saints have not won any of their opening three SPL games since the 1999/00 season.
- St Johnstone have lost four of their last five league matches at home, and have won just one of the last nine.
- The Saints have scored only one goal in their last six league games at McDiarmid Park.
- Dunfermline are unbeaten in their last nine league games on the road (all in Scottish Division One).
St Mirren v Motherwell
- St Mirren have drawn four of their last five SPL matches at home to Motherwell, losing the other.
- The Steelmen have scored just one goal in the first half of their last six league meetings with St Mirren, but eight in the second half.
- St Mirren are unbeaten in their opening three SPL games for the first time ever.
- Motherwell have only once before been unbeaten in their opening three SPL games (2009/10).
- St Mirren's last seven league matches have produced just six goals in total.
- The Buddies have lost just one of their last five league games at home.
- Motherwell are one of only two sides yet to concede a goal in the SPL this season.