UEFA Champions League Opta Facts - 4 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Group E - Fiorentina v Debrecen
- Fiorentina's four-goal haul in the 4-3 win away to Debrecen last month was the first time the Viola had ever bagged more than three goals in a Champions League game.
- Debrecen's three goals in that 4-3 defeat at home to Fiorentina last month were their first-ever Champions League strikes.
- The Hungarian side have shipped four goals in each of their last two Champions League fixtures and have yet to keep a clean sheet in the competition.
- This fixture sees the two sides with the worst passing accuracy figures meet – Fiorentina have posted a league-low 69.45% accuracy rate, Debrecen 69.97%, the second-worst.
- The Hungarians have hit a competition-high 18.67% of their passes long.
- Debrecen have conceded a joint-league "high" nine goals in the competition so far.
- All six of the Italian side's goals in the competition have come in the first-half, a league-high.
- Hungarian sides have only ever enjoyed one victory in the Champions League proper, when Ferencvaros won away at Grasshoppers in September 3-0.
Group E - Lyon v Liverpool
- Lyon have won their last two games in the competition and have lost only twice in their last 11 Champions League fixtures.
- The French giants' win against Liverpool in October was their first-ever Champions League win over an English side.
- Liverpool have lost their last two Champions League games, however they have never lost three in a row in the competition.
- The Reds have lost just three of their nine Champions League meetings with French sides.
- Lyon are the competition's best tacklers so far, winning 86.67% of their tackles.
- A joint-competition-high four of Lyon's goals have come from set-pieces situations so far.
- Rafa Benitez' charges have won a league-low 27 fouls so far in the competition.
- Only Atletico Madrid and Maccabi Haifa (both goalless) have posted inferior conversion rates in the competition to Liverpool's 4.35% figure.
Group F - Dynamo Kiev v Inter Milan
- Inter Milan have won none of their last eight Champions League games (five draws, three defeats) their longest barren run in Europe’s premier club competition.
- Dynamo Kiev have failed to beat Inter Milan in the Champions League, recording a defeat and two draws.
- Kiev have only failed to score once in their last 22 Champions League games at home.
- The Ukrainian side have the best crossing accuracy in the Champions League this season with 36.4% of their crosses finding a Kiev player.
- Kiev have already scored five goals in three games in this Champions League campaign, that’s one more than their whole group stage campaign last season.
Group F - Rubin Kazan v Barcelona
- Barcelona have only won two of their last seven Champions League games (four draws, one defeat).
- The Catalans have drawn their last four Champions League games away from home.
- Rubin Kazan won at the Nou Camp on the last Champions League matchday in only their third game in the top European club competition.
- Only Porto (60) have had more shots than Barcelona in this season’s Champions League group stage (54).
- Barcelona have completed 89% of passes, a Champions League high this season.
- Rubin Kazan have taken their chances well, scoring a goal with every fourth shot (four goals in 16 games). Only Sevilla have been more clinical.
- Alejandro Dominguez is Rubin Kazan’s danger man; he has scored two goals and had five shots, all on target.
Group G - Sevilla v Stuttgart
- Sevilla have won 82% of the Champions League games they have played in, nine out of 11.
- Sevilla have scored at least two goals in each of their last 10 Champions League games.
- Stuttgart have only won one of their last 12 Champions League games. The German side has also failed to keep a clean sheet in its last nine CL games.
- Stuttgart have lost their three games against Spanish opposition in the Champions League (against Barcelona twice and Sevilla once).
- Only Real Madrid (10) have scored more goals than Sevilla (9) in this season’s Champions League. Five of Sevilla’s nine goals have been headers.
- No player has made more assists than Luis Fabiano in this season’s Champions League (3).
Group G - Unirea Urziceni v Rangers
- Rangers have the joint-worst defence in the Champions League this season (with Debreceni), conceding nine goals.
- Rangers have failed to win any of their last seven Champions League games (five defeats, two draws).
- Walter Smith’s side has never beaten Romanian opposition in the Champions League (a defeat and a draw against Steaua Bucharest, a defeat against Unirea Urziceni).
- Only Apoel Nicosia (3) have had fewer shots on target than Unirea Urziceni (5) in this season’s Champions League. Unirea have benefitted from two own goals though.
- There were three own goals in their reverse fixture back in October when Urziceni won 4-1 at Ibrox.
- No player has won more free-kicks than Unirea’s Ricardo Gomes Vilana (13).
Group H - Arsenal v AZ Alkmaar
- The last non-English side to beat Arsenal at Highbury/Emirates in the Champions League was Inter Milan back in September 2003.
- Arsenal have won only two of their last 10 Champions League encounters with Dutch clubs (excluding qualifiers), drawing seven times.
- The Gunners have had 27 shots on target in this season’s Champions League group stage, measuring out at just under 10 shots on target per game, a competition high.
- Alkmaar have conceded exactly one goal per game in this season’s Champions League.
- Arsenal have conceded three goals after three group games, two in the opening five minutes against Standard Liège and in injury-time of the second-half against AZ Alkmaar.
Group H - Standard Liege v Olympiacos
- The Piraeus club has won only two of its 36 Champions League away games, losing 27 times.
- Olympiacos have only kept one clean sheet in their 36 Champions League away games.
- Standard Liege have conceded three goals in the closing 15 minutes, the joint-most in the Champions League this season.
- All three of Olympiacos’ goals have been headers in this season’s group stage.
- Liege keeper Sinan Bolat has made the most saves in the Champions League group stage so far (20).
- The last win by a Belgium side in the Champions League group stages was back in December 2005 when Anderlecht beat Real Betis.