UEFA Europa League QF Leg 1 Opta Facts
AZ v Benfica
- AZ are one of three teams (along with Atletico de Madrid and Real Madrid) to remain unbeaten in European competition this season (W5 D5: excluding qualifiers).
- At home, Alkmaar have won eight and lost none of their last 12 European clashes (excluding qualifiers).
- Benfica have won nine and lost just two of their last 13 Europa League matches, with one of those defeats coming in last season's final at the Amsterdam Arena.
- The Portuguese side have drawn each of their last four visits to the Netherlands in European competition to face Dutch opponents.
- AZ have lost just one of their previous five meetings with Portuguese teams in European competitions, winning three (D1).
- Lima has scored five times in his last four appearances in all competitions for Benfica.
- Nick Viergever has had 757 touches in this season's Europa League, second only to Tottenham's Kyle Naughton (834).
Basel v Valencia
- Valencia have won three of the previous four meetings between these two teams in European competition (one draw; 1966 Fairs Cup, 2003 Champions League).
- Of Basel's previous 14 clashes with Spanish opposition in all European competitions, they have won just once (v Deportivo in 2003 Champions League, D4 L9).
- Valencia are unbeaten against Swiss opposition, winning seven of their nine clashes.
- The Swiss side have won eight of their last 14 homes games in Europe (D4 L2).
- Valencia have won all five of their away games this season in the Europa league, keeping four clean sheets on the road.
- Basel have conceded just one goal in their last six matches in all competitions (five clean sheets).
- No side has kept more clean sheets in the Europa League this season than Valencia (6).
FC Porto v Sevilla
- The only previous meetings between these two teams came in the 2011 Europa League at the Last 32 stage. FC Porto progressed on away goals (after winning 2-1 in Spain and losing 0-1 at home).
- Porto have won four and lost just one of their last six home games in the Europa League.
- The Portuguese champions have won three and lost three of their last seven Europa League clashes against Spanish opposition.
- Sevilla have won four of their last six away matches in the Europa League; a run that started with the 1-0 victory over Porto in 2011.
- Ricardo Quaresma has scored four goals in his last seven appearances for FC Porto (all comps).
- Only Red Bull Salzburg (73) have hit more shots on target than Sevilla in this season's competition (54).
- Of the teams remaining in the competition, Sevilla have completed the most passes (4547).
Lyon v Juventus
- This will be the first meeting between Lyon and Juventus in European competition.
- Lyon have won just two of their last nine meetings with Italian teams (D4 L3; all Champions League clashes).
- Juve have lost three of their last five clashes with French opposition (W1 D1).
- At home, Lyon have won seven of their last nine in the Europa League.
- Juventus have won just two of their previous nine matches in France (D2 L5).
- Carlos Tevez has scored five times in his last six games for Juventus (all comps).
- However, the Argentinean striker has attempted more shots than any other player yet to score in European competition this season (25).
- Defeat to Napoli on Sunday ended a run of 14 games without defeat in all competitions for Juventus (W11 D3).