West Brom set to feel Gunner wrath - Betting Preview
Arsenal's recent form has been electrifying, and as they travel to the Hawthorns, the Gunners will be out to re-affirm their position on top of the Premier League, after having it, temporarily at least, taken from them.
Arsene Wenger is likely to welcome Carl Jenkinson into the squad after Bacary Sagna's injury in the midweek, but the left back is expected to be the only change to Arsenal's starting lineup, meaning Aaron Ramsey retains his place.
The Welshman has shown the best form of his career to open this season, providing a spark to a team who has, so often in the past, lacked one. Combined with dynamic German playmakers Mesut Ozil, Arsenal look to be more creative now than ever, and Olivier Giroud will be out to make the most of it.
For West Brom, the lack of firepower up front means that Old Trafford hero Saido Berahino is likely to start his first league game. He netted the winner last week, but is priced at a good value 10/1 to grab the first in this clash. Also worth a look anytime is former Udinese and Watford striker Matej Vydra at 5/1.
The Baggies follow up the ecstasy of an away win at Man Utd with this tough clash, and there is no doubt that, whilst they may play for all three points, the one would suffice, which is likely to play into Arsenal's hands.
The Gunners have netted four goals within the first 15 minutes for four league games this season, and if West Brom aren't quick out of the traps, they may fall foul of the same fate, with the HOME of Betting rewarding any luck y punter who fancies that at 7/2!
At 10/3, Arsenal to win both halves looks worth a fiver. The Gunners have really impressed this season, and despite success last week, it is difficult to see the Baggies failing to win anything from Arsenal in this one.
- West Brom have won two successive matches in the Barclays Premier League - the last time they won three in a row was in November 2012.
- Arsenal have won their last eight Barclays Premier League away games in a row, equalling their best run in the competition.
- The Gunners have scored a league-high four goals in the opening 15 minutes of Barclays Premier League games this season.
- Arsenal have scored the first goal of the game in each of their six Premier League games this season.
- Arsene Wenger's side have made a league-high tally of 12 through-balls in the Premier League this season.
- No side has seen their opponents booked (15) or sent off (1) more often than Arsenal in the PL this season.
- No player has attempted more tackles in the Premier League this season than in-form Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey (33).
- Ramsey has scored in three successive Premier League appearances (four goals) for the first time in his career. He has scored eight goals in his last nine games for Arsenal in all comps.
- Steve Clarke has the best win percentage of any West Brom manager in the Premier League (36.4%).
- Five of West Brom's six goals this season have arrived in the second half of matches, with three of these coming in the final 15 minutes.
Match Betting: West Brom 19/5; Draw 11/4; Arsenal 4/5
Headline Offers: Olivier Giroud to score anytime and Arsenal to win 2/1; Nicolas Anelka to score anytime and West Brom to win 9/1
OPTA Offers: Arsenal to score in the first 15 minutes 7/2
The Gunners have scored a league-high four goals in the opening 15 minutes of Barclays Premier League games this season.
Top Tip: Arsenal to win both halves 10/3
Worth a Look: Matej Vydra anytime 5/1