BGT now bigger than the X Factor?
Bookies William Hill are predicting that an astonishing £5 million pounds will be gambled on Britain's Got Talent during the series, possibly overtaking the X Factor as the most popular TV betting programme!
"It will be very interesting to see if the absence of Simon Cowell effects turnover, but the early signs are it will not! We predict a monster £5 million will be gambled on the outcome with a solo singer the current favourite to win!" said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.
Britain's Got Talent William Hill Facts:
- One of five markets where Hills take more money from women than men (along with Big Brother, X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing & Dancing On Ice)
- Hills expect to take 150 bets a minute during the live final
- Average bet placed on the internet is £8.37
- Biggest bet was £10,000 on Susan Boyle
- Hill's worst result was in 2010 when Spellbound won, costing Hills almost £200,000
- Susan Boyle would have cost the industry a massive £5,000,000 had she won
William Hill BGT Winner 2011: 2/1 Solo Singer; 3/1 Magician; 4/1 Dance Troupe; 6/1 Singing group; 6/1 Pet Performer; 10/1 Solo Dancer; 16/1 Comedian/Impersonator; 16/1 Instrumental/Music Act; 16/1 Stunt Act; 25/1 Aerobics/Sports Act; 50/1 Baton Twirler; 50/1 Fire Breather; 50/1 Escapologist; 50/1 Puppet Act/Ventriloquist; 66/1 Drag Act; 66/1 Barman Act; 66/1 Juggling Act; 100/1 Mime Artist; 100/1 Stripper
On twitter? Follow us for regular updates:
@williamhillNews William Hill News