Celeb Big Brother success: bring on normal Big Brother!
Despite losing a small five figure sum on Paddy's victory, William Hill are toasting the success of BB's move to Channel 5 with turnover up a massive 20% on last year.
Hills are now hoping that Big Brother itself will be reinvigorated by the move. Hills are hoping that the glory days of £1 million pound turnover will return.
"Towards the end of its tenure on Channel 4, Big Brother betting began to stagnate, but following on from the success of CBB we are hopeful of a seven figure turnover," said Hill's spokesman Joe Crilly.
Hills odds suggest one contestant at least will decide that the house is not for them and offer 1/2 that one walks.
For those who are hoping for a Makosi moment Hills offer 8/1 that the series produces a Big Brother Bonk!
Gender of 1st evictee: 1/2 Female; 6/4 Male
Any Housemate to voluntarily leave before the end of the show: 1/2 Yes; 6/4 No
Any housemate to be thrown out for rule breaking and bad behavior: 5/1 yes; 1/9 No
Any housemate to receive over 90% of eviction vote: 7/2 Yes; 1/6 No
Any housemate to quit voluntarily in the first 24 hours: 10/1 Yes; 1/33 No
Big Brother to be taken off air mid series: 16/1 yes
Police to be called to break up a fight: 25/1 yes
Big Brother Bonk: 8/1
Big Brother Betting Facts:
- Big Brother is one of only three markets where Hills accept more bets from female punters than men.
- Average reality TV bet has increased over the last 18 months to £12 from £8
- Betting on television specials is the fastest growing niche market in the betting industry.
- Biggest bet on Big Brother was £18,000 placed on Kate Lawler to win at 1/9 and the gutsy punter collected £20,000.
- Biggest bet on a single eviction: £10,000 on Tracey in 2007.
- Biggest total taken on a single eviction: £100,000 on Noirin in 2009.
- Hills predict that up to 5 million will watch the final.