Chelsea v Reading OPTA Stats
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts - August 22nd
- Chelsea have won five and lost none of the last six meetings in all competitions against Reading.
- Reading have only won seven of 38 Premier League away games.
- There have been three red cards in the four Premier League games between Reading and Chelsea (two for Reading, one for Chelsea).
- Chelsea have won six and lost just one of their last nine Premier League home matches.
- Chelsea had just six shots in their opening game against Wigan on Sunday, their fewest in a Premier League game since September 2007 (four versus Man Utd).
- Eden Hazard registered the most assists (16) in Ligue 1 in 2011-12 and already has a goal assist to his name for the Blues.
- No player has won more penalty kicks in the top five European Leagues (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and England) since the start of last season than Eden Hazard (7).
- Reading were forced into more defensive clearances on the opening weekend than any other team in the Premier League (57).
- Chelsea have drawn 199 games in Premier League history.
- Only Alan Shearer (56) has scored more penalties in the Premier League than Frank Lampard (38).