Championship Final Day Opta Facts - 2 May
Blackburn v Ipswich
- Last weekend, Jordan Rhodes became the first Blackburn player since Alan Shearer to score 20 or more league goals in three successive seasons.
- Ipswich have lost five and won none of their last seven trips to Ewood Park.
- Ipswich defenders have scored 14 goals this season, more than any other Championship side.
- Rovers have scored more headed goals than anyone else this season (18), with Rudy Gestede netting nine of them.
- Freddie Sears has scored five goals and assisted two in his last seven games for the Tractor Boys. In fact, Sears has netted 19 league goals overall in 2014/15 for Colchester and Ipswich; his best ever return in a single campaign.
- Ipswich need just a draw against Blackburn to confirm their place in the play-offs. They can afford to lose against Rovers as long as Brentford and Wolves fail to win.
- Daryl Murphy has scored the opening goal in games more times than any other player this season (10).
Blackpool v Huddersfield
- Blackpool have won two of their last three home games against the Terriers (L1).
- Both teams have scored in 13 of the last 15 meetings between Blackpool and Huddersfield at Bloomfield Road.
- Blackpool are the first team since Bradford City in 1989/90 to go a whole season in the second tier without an away win.
- No side in the top four tiers has lost more games at home this season than relegated Blackpool (12).
- Huddersfield have conceded a joint league-high 17 goals from outside the box this season.
- Jacob Butterfield has created more goalscoring chances this season than any other Championship player (118). Indeed, Butterfield has provided five assists in his last eight appearances.
- The Seasiders have used more players this term than any other team (50).
Bolton v Birmingham
- Bolton have won three and drawn one of their last four league encounters against Birmingham.
- Birmingham are without a win in seven away to Bolton, losing four (D3).
- Craig Davies has scored five goals in five games against the Blues.
- David Cotterill has created 116 goalscoring chances this term; 66 more than any other Blues player.
- Bolton have seen 20 different players score for them this season; more than any other Championship team.
- Birmingham have won their last two games by a single goal to nil; they've yet to win three in a row season.
Brentford v Wigan
- Brentford have won just one of their last 12 meetings with Wigan in league competition (D3 L8).
- Wigan have been victorious in four of their last five trips to Griffin Park, drawing the other.
- Brentford substitutes have scored 14 goals this season in the Championship; a league-high.
- Relegated Wigan have failed to score in more games this season than any other Championship side (20).
- Alan Judge has had a hand in seven goals in his last six appearances for the Bees (two goals, five assists).
- In fact, Judge has provided more assists this season (13) than in his last two campaigns combined (11).
- Brentford need to beat Wigan and hope that Derby lose to Reading in order for them to make the play-offs this season.
Charlton v Bournemouth
- Charlton have won each of their last three home clashes versus Bournemouth, keeping a clean sheet in each game.
- Bournemouth have won two of their last three matches against Charlton, losing the other.
- The Cherries have scored 112 goals in all competitions this season; 12 more than any other Championship team.
- Charlton have converted all eight penalties they've taken in the league this season, with Yoni Buyens netting seven.
- Bournemouth have won more (16), scored more (11) and missed more penalties than any other English league team this season.
- Callum Wilson has won 11 of those penalties. The only club in the top four tiers to have won as many as that is Swindon (also 11).
- Wilson has scored 20+ goals in each of his last two seasons in the Football League.
Derby v Reading
- Derby's 3-0 win in the reverse fixture in October was their first victory in eight attempts against the Royals.
- Reading have won five of their last six away games against Derby (L1), including each of the last three.
- Derby have the best shot conversion rate of any Championship side, scoring 19.7% of their total shots.
- No Reading player has reached double figures for goals in the Championship this season.
- In contrast, Darren Bent has scored or assisted 13 goals in just 14 league games for Derby (10 goals, three assists).
- Tom Ince has scored four and assisted one more in his last three games for the Rams.
- A point for Derby should be enough to secure them a place in the play-offs due to their superior goal difference.
Leeds v Rotherham
- Leeds have won only one of their last five matches against Rotherham at Elland Road (D2 L2).
- Rotherham are unbeaten in four against Leeds, winning two and drawing two.
- Matt Derbyshire has bagged three goals in his last three appearances against Leeds.
- No side has given away more penalties than Leeds in the Championship this season (13, level with Blackpool).
- Rotherham have won more than twice as many games in 2014/15 (11) than in their last campaign in the Championship back in 2004/05 (5).
- Leeds have lost their last three games at Elland Road conceding two or more goals in each clash; they've not lost four in a row at home since December 2002 (a run of five).
Middlesbrough v Brighton
- Middlesbrough have won their last two against Brighton; they've not won three in a row since their first three clashes with the Seagulls in the 1950's.
- Brighton have won on each of their last two trips to the Riverside Stadium, keeping a clean sheet on both occasions.
- Albert Adomah has found the net in each of his last two appearances against Brighton for Middlesbrough.
- Brighton's top scorer in all competitions this season is defender Lewis Dunk (7).
- Middlesbrough (20) have kept more clean sheets than any other Championship team.
- Patrick Bamford has had a hand in eight goals in his last five games at the Riverside Stadium (six goals, two assists).
Norwich v Fulham
- Norwich are winless in 13 games against Fulham, losing 10 and drawing three.
- Indeed, the Whites have conceded just five goals in this 13-game run and never more than once in a match.
- No side has been shown more red cards this season than Fulham (7).
- Norwich have scored 55 second half goals this campaign; no side has more.
- No Championship forward has provided more assists this season than Ross McCormack (9).
- Since the start of last season Ross McCormack has been involved in 62 goals in 89 games (45 goals, 17 assists); more than any other player.
Nottm Forest v Cardiff
- Nottm Forest have won only two of their last nine home games against Cardiff (D3 L4), though those wins have arrived in their last three clashes.
- Cardiff City have won four of their last five meetings with Nottm Forest, losing the other.
- Federico Macheda has netted three goals in three previous league appearances against Forest.
- 31% of Cardiff's goals this season have been headed (17/55) - a league-high ratio.
- Nottingham Forest have won seven games and 27 points from losing positions this season, both league-high figures
- Michail Antonio has been directly involved in 37% of Nottm Forest's goals this season; a club-high share.
Watford v Sheff Wed
- A win for Watford will see them clinch the Championship title; they've won four of their last five against Sheffield Wednesday (L1).
- Sheffield Wednesday won this exact fixture last season (1-0), courtesy of a goal from Connor Wickham.
- Fernando Forestieri has had a hand in four goals in four appearances against the Owls (three goals, one assist).
- Troy Deeney has scored three and assisted two more in five games against Sheffield Wednesday for Watford.
- Sheffield Wednesday have kept 17 clean sheets in the league this season, equalling a club record set in 1978/79.
- No player has been involved in more of his team's goals this season than Watford's Troy Deeney (30; 21 goals, 9 assists).
Wolves v Millwall
- Wolves threw away a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 in the reverse fixture back in October; the joint-highest scoring clash between the two sides (alongside October 1994, 3-3).
- After a run of 13 games without a win at Molineux, the Lions have been victorious on each of their last three visits.
- No side has drawn more games nil-nil in the Championship this season than Millwall (8).
- Wolves' Benik Afobe has scored more goals in all competitions than any other player in England's top four tiers this season (32).
- The Black Country outfit have won five and lost none of their last seven games at Molineux.
- A win for Wolves will secure them a play-off place providing Derby lose to Reading and Brentford fail to beat Wigan.