French Ligue 1 Opta Facts: 4-5 April
In conjunction with Opta Sportsdata, Europe's largest sports information providers, we bring you Opta Facts on this weekend's French Ligue 1 matches.
The vital information you need to read to make a sound judgement in your football betting.
We highlight the key historical stats and facts for each of the Ligue 1 matches.
Bordeaux v Nancy
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 28 home games in Ligue 1 and have always scored at home in the league this season. They have won three of their last four L1 fixtures.
- Nancy are winless in the last eight league games.
- Nancy have been defeated in 11 of their last 12 visits at Bordeaux in the top flight.
- Bordeaux have scored 70% of their goals in the second half - the highest ratio in Ligue 1.
- Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has scored in Bordeaux's last three home fixtures in the league.
- Six of Youssouf Hadji's eight goals have been netted on the road; he had scored the decisive goal in the first meeting between these two sides earlier this season (Nancy 1-0 Bordeaux).
Caen v Toulouse
- Caen have won none of their last 14 league games, the longest current run. They have also failed to keep a clean sheet during that run.
- Caen are unbeaten in their last four league games against Toulouse (three wins, one draw).
- Toulouse have the best attacking record in Ligue 1 in 2009 with 18 goals.
- They have lost only one of their last 14 league games.
- Caen have not experienced a goalless draw in the league since 8 March 2008, a run of 39 games.
- André-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse) is the league's top scorer with 18 goals. He has also had the most shots at goal this season (108).
Grenoble v Lorient
- Grenoble have won their last three home games in all competitions. Their striker Nassim Akrour has scored in his last two games at the stade des Alpes.
- 26% of Grenoble's goals in Ligue 1 this season have been scored by their subs, the highest ratio.
- Each time Grenoble have scored the opening goal at home this season, they have ended up winning the game.
- Lorient are the only side this season to have won more points on their travels (18) than at home (17).
- Grenoble's Sandy Paillot and Lorient's Jérémy Morel are the most prolific defenders in the league this season with four goals apiece.
Le Mans v Lyon
- Le Mans have won only one of their last 13 league games. That was against bottom side Le Havre.
- Le Mans have lost eight of their nine encounters with Lyon in the top-flight.
- Lyon have won four of their last five away trips in the league.
- Lyon have opened the scoring 18 times in the league this season. No side has done better.
- Gervinho has scored in Le Mans' last two home league games.
- Each time Karim Benzema has scored for Lyon in the league this season, the Gones have always won.
Monaco v Le Havre
- Monaco have won 10 of their last 12 duels with Le Havre in the top flight and have never failed to score in their last 14 against the normandy club.
- Monaco have won two league games in a row, a first since last November.
- Le Havre have lost their last six away games.
- None of Le Havre's last 14 league games have ended in a draw (12 defeats, two wins).
- Monaco's Stéphane Ruffier and Le Havre's Christophe Revault are the league's busiest keepers with 3.52 saves per game on average.
- Monaco's Frédéric Nimani has scored six league goals this season, all at the stade Louis II.
Nantes v Lille
- Nantes have won none of their last seven league games, their longest barren run this season.
- Nantes have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 home games.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last seven league games against Nantes.
- Lille have won three games on the bounce but have only won once on their last five away games.
- Lille have scored the most goals from outside the box: 11.
- Michel Bastos has been involved in Lille's last five goals (three goals, two assists).
Paris SG v Nice
- Paris SG have lost their last four league games against Nice.
- Paul Le Guen's side have lost their last two league games, conceding seven goals in the process.
- Nice have won none of their last five league games, their longest run without a victory this season. They have lost their last two away games.
- Nice have scored the most goals in the last 10 minutes of games this season : 10.
- Paris SG have won 10 games by a one-goal margin, a league high this season.
- Guillaume Hoarau is the league's fox in the box. All 15 of his goals have come in the penalty box.
St Etienne v Marseille
- St Etienne have won five of their last six home encounters with Marseille.
- 79% of St Etienne's points this season have been won at home (23 out of 29), the highest ratio this season.
- Marseille are the top performing side in 2009 with 23 points out of a possible 30.
- Marseille are also the best side away from home with 27 points collected on their travels.
- St Etienne have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 league games.
- St Etienne's Ilan has scored five goals in his last three games at Geoffroy-Guichard, in all competitions.
- Marseille's Bakari Kone is the top scorer away from home this season with seven goals.
Sochaux v Rennes
- Rennes have not won any of their last seven league trips to Sochaux and have failed to score in their last four trips to stade Bonal.
- Sochaux have won four of their last five home games.
- Rennes have kept 15 clean sheets this season, a league-high along with Lyon, while Sochaux have only stopped their opponents from scoring four times.
- More than half of Rennes' games this season have ended in a draw (15 out of 29).
- Sochaux have not won by more than a one-goal margin since February 2008.
- Vaclav Sverkos has scored 42% of Sochaux's goals in 2009, that's five out of 12. The Czech international has netted in Sochaux's last two home games.
Valenciennes v Auxerre
- Valenciennes have won only one of their last eight league games against Auxerre in L1.
- This fixture has seen 19 goals, an average of 3.8 goals per game.
- Valenciennes are the only unbeaten side in 2009. They are unbeaten in their last 12 league games, winning their last three at Nungesser.
- Auxerre are the only team to have won every time they have opened the scoring away from home, that's happened five times this season.
- Auxerre have won three of their last four away games in L1.
- Only André-Pierre Gignac has scored more goals (6) in 2009 in the league than Auxerre's Ireneusz Jelen (5).