Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 3-4 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Catania
- Bari have drawn four of the six league games they have played so far, two of them at the San Siro.
- These two sides have met four times in Serie A - Bari have never won and have scored just one goal.
- Catania are still without a win this season, having started with three consecutive defeats, they have gone on to record three consecutive draws.
- Catania have won just once in their last 43 league games away from home (in the derby against Palermo).
- The Sicilians have dropped the most points from winning positions so far, seven.
Inter v Udinese
- Serie A top scorer Anotnio Di Natale has scored in five of the six league games he has played so far.
- Inter have failed to score just once in their last 79 Serie A home games.
- Udinese have not beaten Inter in their last 10 league encounters, the last time they did so was in a 2-1 win in Milan in the 2003-04 season.
- Udinese have kept three clean sheets in their last three league matches.
- The team from Friuli have scored the most goals in the final 15 minutes of matches, four.
Atalanta v Milan
- Atalanta have scored just two goals in their first six games of the season; only Livorno have done worse.
- Milan have not done much better having failed to score in four of the six games they have played so far for a total of three goals.
- Atalanta have only won three games at home to Milan since 1962 but two of these have come in the last three years.
- Atalanta have not won a league game in their last 11 outings.
Bologna v Genoa
- Genoa have already taken four penalties, a league-high.
- The Grifoni have won in Bologna just twice in Serie A, in 1930 and 1991.
- Bologna's Marco Di Vaio has scored three times in the four matches where he has faced current Genoa 'keeper Marco Amelia in Serie A.
- Following their nine-point haul from their first three games, Genoa have mustered just one point in the ensuing three fixtures, conceding seven goals in the process.
Cagliari v Chievo
- Cagliari's last home win in Serie A came against Inter last May.
- Six of the Sardinian side's seven points in the league this season are thanks to two away wins in their last two Serie A matches, where they have kept two clean sheets.
- Sergio Pellissier has scored four of Chievo's seven goals.
- The "flying donkeys" are unbeaten in their last four Serie A games, managing two wins and two draws.
- In the eight previous Serie A encounters between these two sides, Cagliari have won only twice but both wins came at home.
Fiorentina v Lazio
- Four of last five Fiorentina wins at home in the league have been by the same score line, 1-0, the other was 2-0.
- Lazio have taken just two points from their last four league games.
- Lazio have come back to claim the most points after conceding the first goal, five.
- The draw in their last away game at Catania was Lazio's first in 13 Serie A away matches.
Roma v Napoli
- Roma have conceded the most goals so far in Serie A, 12 in six league games, Napoli have conceded just one fewer, 11.
- In four games under Ranieri Roma have scored in the last two minutes on three occasions, winning at Siena and getting two draws in Sicily as a result.
- Seven of the 12 goals Roma scored so far have been netted by Totti and De Rossi.
- Napoli's last away win against Roma came back in the 93-94 season (3-2).
Sampdoria v Parma
- Parma have kept just one clean sheet when visiting Sampdoria in Serie A.
- Parma have lost their last four top division encounters with Samp.
- Last week's win at Lazio was Parma's first away from home since April 2007 in Serie A (nine draws and 14 defeats since).
- Antonio Cassano has supplied the most assists in the league, four.
Siena v Livorno
- Livorno have bagged just one goal in six league matches this season.
- The previous eight Serie A encounters between these two sides have produced just one win for each side.
- Of the remaining six draws, four were goalless.
- Siena have never won at home against Livorno in the top flight.
- Siena have won just once in their last nine Serie A fixtures.
Palermo v Juventus
- Six of the Bianconeri's 11 goals so far this season have come in the first 30 minutes.
- Palermo have kept only one clean sheet in their last 14 league matches.
- The last time these two sides shared the points in Palermo was back in 1969.
- Palermo have only twice scored more than one goal in a home game against Juventus in Serie A, 2-0 in 1949 and 3-2 in 2008.