Opta Facts Ligue 1 – 1-2 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics
Bordeaux - Montpellier
- Bordeaux have a victory ratio of 61% against Montpellier, amassing 22 wins in 36 matches, which is their best record against teams currently in L1.
- Montpellier have lost 15 times at Bordeaux in Ligue 1, the most away defeats they have suffered to any team in the top flight.
- Montpellier's 1-0 victory in 2003 is their only win in their last 18 L1 games at the Stade Chaban-Delmas.
- Bordeaux have not won any of their four home games in L1 this season (one defeat and three draws). Their last victory at the Stade Chaban-Delmas was on the 29th of May... against Montpellier (2-0).
- Only Nancy have collected as few points at home in L1 this season as Bordeaux (three).
- Montpellier's 3-0 defeat to PSG last week was the first game this season in which they failed to score.
- The last two encounters between these teams at the Stade Chaban-Delmas have seen three red cards.
- None of the last 18 encounters between these teams at the Stade Chaban-Delmas in L1 have finished as goalless draws.
- Since Montpellier's return to the top fight in 2009, three penalties have been awarded in L1 matches between these teams and all have been missed (Gourcuff for Bordeaux, Montaño and Costa for Montpellier).
Caen - Nice
- Caen are unbeaten against Nice in their last four L1 encounters (one win, three draws).
- Caen have only lost twice in their last 14 L1 matches against Nice.
- Nice have only won one of their nine visits to the Stade Malherbe in L1, a 2-1 victory in 1996, however, five of these encounters have ended in draws.
- Three of the last four encounters between these teams in L1 have ended in draws.
- Nice have only won once in their last 21 away games in the top flight; a 2-0 victory over St Etienne on the 26th of February 2011.
- Nice are the only team to have lost all of their away games in L1 this season (three defeats).
- The D'Ornano stadium is the venue that has seen the fewest goals in L1 this season: six goals in four matches.
- Benjamin Nivet has scored three goals in his last four L1 starts. In doing so he has already equalled his total for last season (three goals in 2010/11).
Dijon - Ajaccio
- Ajaccio has never won a competitive game at Dijon (three draws, two defeats).
- Six out of the ten competitive encounters between these teams have ended in draws, five of which had 1-1 score lines.
- 88% of Ajaccio's goals have been scored in the second half (seven out of eight) which is the highest ratio in this season's L1.
- Ajaccio have yet to keep a clean sheet in L1 this season.
- Dijon have scored at least one goal in each of their five competitive games at the Gaston-Gérard Stadium this season.
- Dijon won their only previous encounter with another promoted club in L1 this season, beating Evian TG on the 27th of August this year.
Lille - Rennes
- Rennes have not won at Lille in the top flight for 45 years, suffering 15 defeats and nine draws; their last victory on Lille's patch was in May 1966.
- Rennes have only won two of their 35 matches away to Lille in L1, losing 21 times and drawing on 12 occasions.
- Last season Moussa Sow scored all four of Lille's goals against Rennes in L1 (home and away).
- Victor Montaño has scored three goals in three league starts against Lille (two with Montpellier and one with Rennes).
- Lille have scored in 15 of their last 16 L1 games.
- Lille, along with Sochaux and Ajaccio, are the only clubs that have yet to keep a clean sheet in L1 this season.
- LOSC have drawn their last three L1 matches.
- Rennes have scored 12 goals in only four away matches in L1 this season which is 75% of the total amount of goals they scored away from home last season (16 in 19 matches).
- Eden Hazard has been involved in six of Lille's last seven goals in L1 this season (four goals and two assists).
Lorient - Valenciennes
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last five L1 games against Valenciennes (two wins, three draws).
- Lorient's last defeat at home to Valenciennes in L1 remains the only time they were beaten by VAFC at the Moustoir stadium in L1 (3-1 in August 2007).
- Three of the last five matches between these teams have ended in draws.
- Lorient have scored at least once in their last five home games in L1 against Valenciennes.
- Lorient have scored seven goals in the last quarter of an hour of games which is a record in L1 this season.
- Lorient have lost once in their last 20 league games at the Moustoir stadium; their opponent was Auxerre in May 2011 (1-2).
Marseille - Brest
- Brest have never won at Marseille in the top flight (seven defeats, one draw).
- In their eight top-flight away matches to Marseille, Brest have conceded 19 goals and only scored five.
- Brest have conceded at least three goals in their last eight visits to the Vélodrome in L1.
- The last time Brest did not manage at least one victory in their first eight match days of an L1 season was in 1979/80 (their first ever season in the top flight) when they finished bottom of the league.
- Brest have recorded six draws in their eight L1 matches this season. The last team to do this were Lille in 2007/08.
- Brest and Nancy are the only two teams who have yet to win a game in L1 this season.
- Marseille have only scored two goals from open play in eight L1 matches this season, only Nancy and Nice have scored fewer.
- Brest have only won one of their last 17 away matches in L1 (a 1-0 victory away to Auxerre in May) and they have never scored more than once in any of those games.
- Brest's four away games in L1 this season have only witnessed two goals.
- Brest are the only team in L1 this season that have yet to score a goal away from home.
- Marseille's last three goals at home in the league have all been scored by Loïc Rémy.
Nancy - Evian TG
- This will be the first official encounter between these two teams.
- Brest and Nancy are the only two teams who have yet to win a match in L1 this season.
- Nancy, with Brest, have the worst attack in L1 this season, only scoring five goals after eight matches.
- Nancy have attempted a league-low 65 shots after eight match days.
- ETG have not won any of their last six games in L1, their only victory in the top flight was on the 14th of August when they beat Nice at the Parc des Sports stadium.
- Nancy are the only team that has yet to score more than one goal in a Ligue 1 match this season.
- None of Nancy's L1 matches this season have produced more than three goals.
- Evian TG have failed to score in their last two away games in L1.
St Etienne - Auxerre
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last six L1 encounters against St Etienne in all competitions (three wins, three draws).
- Three of the last four encounters between these teams at the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in L1 have ended in draws.
- Auxerre's last victory in L1 at St Etienne was on September 27th 2006 (3-2).
- Auxerre (five victories and two draws) are unbeaten in their last seven league games, which is currently the longest run alongside PSG.
- Auxerre have had the most shots on target in L1this season, 46 after eight matches, at the same time, St Etienne are the team with the least (18).
- ASSE have scored in 21 of their last 22 home matches in L1.
- Auxerre have not won any of their four away games in L1 this season (three draws and one defeat).
- Alain Traoré (six goals) and Dennis Oliech (four) have scored 71% of Auxerre's goals in L1 this season (10 out of 14).
- Auxerre have never lost when Oliech has scored for them in L1 (seven wins and four draws); the Kenyan striker has scored four goals in his last two championnat matches.
- In their previous match against Sochaux, Auxerre's Dennis Oliech scored three goals and had six shots on target which are both records for an L1 player this season.
Sochaux - Toulouse
- None of the last 12 games between these two teams in L1 have produced a draw, the last one being a 0-0 in Toulouse in March 2005.
- Toulouse have won three of their last five L1 visits to the Bonal stadium.
- The last four encounters between these teams in L1 there have seen eight goals, all scored in the second half.
- Sochaux have conceded the most goals this season in the league (19), of which 10 have been in their last two matches (six against Rennes, and four against Auxerre). At this stage last season Arles-Avignon, who were relegated, had already conceded 20.
- Sochaux and Toulouse have both scored at least once in each of their last ten L1 matches, which is currently the longest run in L1.
- Sochaux have yet to keep a clean sheet in L1 this season.
- Toulouse have only lost once in their last ten away games in L1 (a 1-0 defeat to Arles-Avignon on the15th of May) registering four victories and five draws.
Paris SG - Lyon
- PSG and Lyon have identical records after eight games in L1 this season: five wins, two draws, one defeat, 14 goals scored and seven conceded.
- The last time PSG had collected so many points (17) after eight match days in a season was in 1997/98.
- PSG have won their last three L1 games at the Parc des Princes, their best run in 2011.
- PSG are unbeaten in seven games which is, along with Auxerre's, currently the best run in L1 (five wins and two draws).
- Lyon's last victory in L1 at the Parc des Princes stadium was on the 28th of October 2007, when they prevailed 3-2.
- Lyon have only won two of their last 12 matches at the Parc des Princes stadium in the top flight, managing four defeats and six draws.
- Only two of the 32 encounters between PSG and OL at the Parc des Princes stadium in the top flight have ended as goalless draws.
- The PSG-Lyon head to head counts 64 matches, of which 22 have been won by the Parisians, 21 drawn and 21 won by Lyon.
- Lyon are the only team in L1 this season that has yet to concede more than one goal in a match.
- There have been four penalties awarded at the Parc des Princes stadium which is the most at a ground in L1 this season.
- Bafetimbi Gomis has scored three goals in four L1 matches for Lyon against PSG.
- Bafetimbi Gomis (four) and Michel Bastos (two) have scored Lyon's last six goals.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored five goals in his last seven L1 matches.
- Javier Pastore has been involved in six goals (four goals and two assists) in just five Ligue 1 starts.