Premier League Opta Facts - 26-28 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Portsmouth v Everton
- Pompey have lost four of their last five Premier League games at Fratton Park and the last three in a row.
- Everton have lost both league games away from home this season by a one-goal margin.
- Portsmouth have lost 10 of their last 12 Premier League games and the last seven in a row.
- Pompey have failed to score in nine of their last 12 Premier League matches.
- Portsmouth have conceded three penalties - more than any other side in the top flight.
- Pompey have conceded more first half goals than any other Premier League team in 2009-10, eight.
Birmingham City v Bolton Wanderers
- Birmingham have won four of their five Premier League home games against Bolton Wanderers.
- Birmingham's defeat against Aston Villa last time out at St Andrews ended a run of 10 Premier League games at home without a defeat for Alex McLeish's side.
- Bolton's victory away at Portsmouth last time out ended a run of 12 matches on the road without a win for the Trotters.
- There have been only seven goals in Birmingham's six league games this season, and only one in the first half.
- Birmingham also had seven points from their opening six games in 2007-08, when they ended up being relegated.
Blackburn Rovers v Aston Villa
- Rovers have won none of the last six league meetings with Aston Villa.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored in three of his last five league games against Blackburn.
- Emile Heskey has scored seven goals against Blackburn - his joint-highest haul against any opponent in the Premier League.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has found the net in his last three league matches.
- Only in 1998-99 had Villa garnered more points from their opening five games (13) than they have this season (12).
- Villa have not won five Premier League games in a row since April 1998.
Liverpool v Hull City
- There have been 25 goals scored in the last five meetings in all competitions between Hull City and Liverpool.
- The Reds have won 11 and lost none of the 14 meetings with Hull City in all competitions.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their last 33 Premier League matches at Anfield.
- All nine goals Liverpool have conceded have come from set plays - more than any other side in the Premier League this season.
- Hull City have committed 103 fouls - more than any other team in the top division.
- Liverpool have never conceded more goals in their opening six games of a Premier League season than they have in 2009-10.
Stoke City v Manchester United
- Man Utd have won eight of the last 10 league meetings with Stoke without the Potters scoring. In the two games where Stoke scored, they won the match.
- Stoke's last eight home wins have all been achieved with a clean sheet - the last time they won at the Britannia Stadium when the opposition scored was in November 2008 against Arsenal.
- Wayne Rooney has scored six goals in his last six league matches.
- The Potters have twice as many points as they did after six games last season but have scored two goals fewer.
- United have scored more second half goals than any other side, 11.
- 80% of Stoke's goals have come in the first half this season.
Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley
- Spurs and Burnley met in the semi-finals of the Carling Cup last season and both games saw five goals scored.
- Defeat at White Hart Lane last time out against Man Utd ended a run of eight consecutive home wins for the Lilywhites.
- Spurs have gone eight league games without a clean sheet.
- This game marks the fourth anniversary of Tottenham's last Premier League win in the month of September.
- This is only the sixth time in 18 Premier League seasons that Tottenham have conceded 10 or more goals in their opening six games.
- Tottenham's record of 12 goals after six games is their best in Premier League history.
Wigan Athletic v Chelsea
- Chelsea have won seven and lost none of the eight Premier League meetings with Wigan and all four visits to the rechristened DW Stadium.
- Frank Lampard has scored in four of his last five league appearances against Wigan.
- Wigan have won none of their 34 Premier League matches against the Big Four.
- Wigan have only scored seven goals in their last 12 Premier League games and five of those have been netted by Hugo Rodallega.
- Wigan have lost 10 of their last 14 Premier League games.
- Chelsea are the only Premier League team to have won their opening seven games of a season (2005-06), a record they'll match if they win at the DW Stadium.
Fulham v Arsenal
- Fulham have won only two and lost 12 of the 16 Premier League matches against Arsenal, but took four points against the Gunners last season without conceding a goal.
- The Whites have won two of the last three meetings at Craven Cottage, but Arsenal have won away at Fulham more times than any other team.
- Nicklas Bendtner has scored eight Premier League goals in 2009 - more than any other Arsenal player.
- The last time Arsenal lost three Premier League away games in succession was in November 2006 and the third of those defeats came at Craven Cottage.
- Arsenal have scored 17 goals in five games, only in 2004-05 had they started the season scoring at a faster rate (19).
- The Gunners have never before in the Premier League era conceded eight goals from their opening five matches.
Sunderland v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Neither side has kept a clean sheet in the last six league meetings between Sunderland and Wolves.
- Wolves have failed to win any of their last six league trips to Wearside.
- Darren Bent has scored seven goals in his last eight Premier League starts.
- The Black Cats have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League matches.
- Wolves have kept just two clean sheets in their last 17 Premier League matches.
- Wolves have seven times as many points as they had after six games in their previous experience of the Premier League in 2003-04.
Manchester City v West Ham United
- Man City have won 11 of their last 12 Premier League home matches and the last five in a row.
- City have not drawn a home game since March 2008.
- The Hammers have scored a total of only two goals in their last six encounters with the Citizens.
- The London side have never scored more than one goal in a Premier League game at Manchester City.
- This is City's best ever start to a Premier League season after five games.
- No away team has kept a clean sheet at Eastlands in the whole of 2009.